Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Hello, all:

I've been dealing with a tingling (and occasionally burning) sensation on the left side of my body. It started almost two weeks ago when I had what I believe was a panic attack while driving home from work. I had to pull over into a parking lot and call a friend to come get me. My left arm started tingling as soon as the panic attack hit. It felt like I was so overwhelmed I was about to pass out, and after I felt that way I started freaking out because of that feeling. My head has felt cloudy and dizzy-ish ever since that day.

Anyway, two days later, my left leg started tingling as well. My partner rubbed my back and there are a few sore spots on it when they are touched, but there's otherwise very little pain. Around that time, a spot on the left side of my chin also felt a bit strange, in a numb-feeling.

Since then, it seems to have worsened, with my left shoulder becoming somewhat painful and burn-y. The left leg tingles from my foot up to my left buttock. I went to the clinic (I have no health insurance which stresses me out further) and they immediately sent me to the ER since it was the left side. It's definitely paresthesia, and the EKG and blood tests came back fine. I have since gone back to the doctor's and they are testing thyroid and vitamin B6 deficiency. The doctor thinks it could be anxiety, and has prescribed me with lexapro and vitamin b6 supplements.

I understand that fibromyalgia is typically full-body tingling, but does it ever start off with one side and move to the other as well? Has anyone had anything similar happen to them that could give me advice? I can handle the tingling (for now) but my head just doesn't feel right. I always feel like I'm about to be overcome with something.

I'm 31, male, I've never had any health issues whatsoever. I have always been a rather anxious and somewhat depressed person, though I've never had to take any medication for it. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Welcome.i used to suffer from panics attacks,I would tingle all over and go dizzy.its where u are breathing to hard.of course u feel like your not breathing enough,so u breath harder.
It can creep up on you from nowhere.something in your life needs sorting .your body is trying to tell u somethings up.as for fibro.we do get tingling i have it most of the time.but it's not all over.minely in my feet and hands.
As your dr about fibro.maybe he can do a tender point test on u.its a bit old hat but it may help u feel better to no the ifs and maybes .x

Peppermint, Welcome to the forum. I like your user name sort of matches your symptoms. I have heard that panic attacks can mimic other diseases and so you might be experiencing different symptoms during a attack. Like lots of folks think their having a heart attack. However, remember just because you have panic attacks does not mean you could not develop another disorder. Tingling goes along with fibro too, but it is also a symptom of other illnesses. To be on the safe side, just check with your doctor.
Now don't get scared and think I am telling you you have something because I don't know you or your health issues, but when I had weird symptoms I always saw my doctor so at least he knew ahead of time what I was going through. Plus it will safe you a lot of worrying.

Take good care of your self and keep posting. We would love to get to know you and feel free to post questions and answer other members posts. I am very glad you found this forum. Look forward to reading your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back