Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
US
State
CO
Unless you were born with this why can't it be reversed? At some point your neurochemistry was working fine and then something cam along and disrupted it. Why can't it be reversed?

They're just not sure what is the cause of this.
They think it's in the brain possibly, but they just don't know what triggers it or whether it was always there.
Somehow are chemistry or function of a certain part of the brain stops working.

Whether it's not enough of serotonin or something else. They have found in a clinical trial that fibromyalgia patients have a threefold amount of Substance P in there Cerebrospinal fluid, this is released from the terminals of specific sensory nerves. It is found in the brain and spinal cord and is associated with inflammatory processes and pain. So it's all parts of the Nervous System.

Somehow our Nervous System shuts down in away and makes the nerves more susceptible to pain.
It much more complicated I'm sure, but we all know we were active and motivated hard workers before this happened
.And all of a sudden or slowly our bodies betrayed us.

At least that's what it feels like sometimes.
Hopefully one day it will be reversible and they will find a cure.

After so many years ,the neurotransmitter get damaged,this means they will always miss fire,they can't not be repaired sadly.
You might as well say any diesease you have that you wasn't born with could be reversed,they just can't.x

Well evidently there are people who have reversed it but not via prescription drugs. The drug companies likely have no incentive to find a cure as they are making billions treating it with polypharmacy using drugs with limited effectiveness that are almost impossible to stop. I was on Cymbalta and Gabapentin and it caused my pain which is no better now that I'm off although other things did improve. I walked 3 miles yesterday which hurt and wasn't a good idea but on 900mg I could barely stumble to the bathroom.

Well evidently there are people who have reversed it but not via prescription drugs. The drug companies likely have no incentive to find a cure as they are making billions treating it with polypharmacy using drugs with limited effectiveness that are almost impossible to stop. I was on Cymbalta and Gabapentin and it caused my pain which is no better now that I'm off although other things did improve. I walked 3 miles yesterday which hurt and wasn't a good idea but on 900mg I could barely stumble to the bathroom.

I've not known anyone who 'had' fibro, ie. remission is just not possible. Cymbalta and Gabapentin were both useless im my case, same with Lyrica, Tremedol... the list is exhaustive! Big pharma must love fibro patients and they have absolutely no incentive to research a silver bullet, as they make a killing from our pain and suffering, (as I just re-read from your post!).

You are lucky you can still walk 3 miles! Sorry to be so negative, it's just the way it is.

If and when someone discovers the trigger/cause of FM/CFS/IBS then perhaps one day they will develop an effective treatment, or even a cure. Until then... hang in there.

Nueurotransmitters do not miss fire.
They are chemicals in the brain and body and they can become depleted.As always healthy nutrition and some meds can increase them.
Unfortunately like Mike said above , Meds can cause worse side affects then the original benefit.

Chronic pain and stress can decrease neurotransmitters.

Examples of them are Serotonin and dopamine.
In Anxiety,depression and Fibromyalgia they May be low.

Whether Fibromyalgia can be cured or not we always have Hope.

Sagey

In my view, it depends on what is causing the fibromyalgia. Research has not come to any clear conclusions - some studies suggest it may be autoimmune, others suggest it might be a viral infection. Genetics certainly plays a big role; if someone in your immediate family has fibro, you are 8 times more likely to get it.

I did read one long-term follow up study of women with fibromylgia. The study found that the women were mostly able to control their symptoms, but it took a great deal of effort and self-care. To me, that suggests that full reversal is unlikely with our current level of knowledge. But we can still all hope research will find the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back