Relapse after 1 year remission - is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha sandy

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
AB
After about 4 years of pain that was ultimately diagnosed as fibromyalgia, I spent almost a year almost pain-free, and was experiencing the full joy of life and looking forward to returning to the career that I love. Then - boom! For the last month I have had a recurrence of the icy/ burning sensation of the skin all over my body, aching muscles, pains in my head, and all kinds of havoc in my stomach and bowels. I am at a loss to understand what triggered this and can't believe that this is fibromyalgia. Can it really go into remission for a year and then reappear?

Hi there ha sandy, it is possible to go a length of time pain free and then have a flare up. My understanding is that fibro never actually goes away just rears it's ugly head from time to time. I have had some breaks from pain, just days for me though. I have learned to really just be thankful on those days and enjoy them for all they are worth. The next time I flare is a total let down but you do learn to adapt. This is probably not very helpful but it is honest I wish you the very best. Good luck...Mike.

Oh yes it's a ***** can come and go. I've not had a break ,but I've heard a lot who have .sometimes I think it's better not to have a rest from it ,it must be bloody awful to feel so good then bang your back in pain.

Yes. I had flares with months of relief in between. Now it is constant. It is a process to learn to enjoy the good and bad pain days.

2nd that Mike! I think that's why people may say, we are hypochondriac. Hang in there.

Thank you, Mike. Not the news I wanted to hear, but delivered with kindness. Back to the drawing board, as they say.

Fibro sure can unfortunately. Just remember that your not lazy or crazy. It's a neurological disorder primarily, poorly understood. Look for stressors in your ilfe and be kind to yourself. We make 5000 new neural pathways every day. With meditation and acceptance you can make these positive pathways and start to rewire your brain. If we're negative all the time we reinforce the negative ways of thinking. It's hard to accept not being yourself but we have to learn to adapt and cherish the good days and just get through the not so good ones.

Drew

I think everyone hear try's to tell u how is it with kindness .

Yep, I was in remission for so long I almost forgot how bad it could be. you just have to keep going through the pain & working to get into remission.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back