I just got Gabapentin- Any feedback would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep a journal on how much you take, what side effects? Watch your scale mine went up 30 lbs, but, I quite smokeing about that time too. Personally, I was tripping all the time, my mind was spacy, there's more, but I can't think of them right now. For some people it seems to help. Good luck.

Can't remember the dosage I was on, but had to be taken off after 3 weeks. It caused my blood pressure to elevate and vein distention in the veins on my forehead. Once those symptoms appeared, she took me off of it immediately. Probably scared I'd have a stroke.

Hi, I'm suffering chronic pain in all 4 quadrants and have been on most drugs including gabapentin.
I can honestly say non of them have helped with the pain and all had horrible side effects! I was told by a Doctor to come off of it very slowly and did so, I suffered more side effects, but it was worth it just to get them out of my system!
I am hoping that eventually a cure will be found as at the moment I'm in terrible pain and very low.
Hope you have better success and I would be interested to knowif anyone has any natural or even drugs which have helped them, desperately hoping.
Sorry I can't be more helpful or positive at the moment!

Baclofen - yes and no.

Just wanted to tell y'all that my new Dr. put me on baclofen. Funny thing is, it took away almost all of my lower back pain - BUT it made my neck and jaw muscles more stiff. Now I'm popping/clicking my jaw all day everyday. Anyone else have this neck and jaw stiffness and pain? My "chewing" muscles are so tender I can't even touch them.

Gabapentin was also the worse thing ever happened to me. Wont take it again either. Pain got 100 percent worse and was depressed all the time. Also got the worse muscle weakness ever!

I have been on Gabapentin for several months now and take 1200 MG a day but now I am getting off it several side effects. My pain got worse and I was having more flare ups then usually. Also my eye sights has been worse with a lot of migraines they think I have double vision now and not happy with this. I had bad eye sight but now it is worse. I would not recommend this medication to anyone. Now that I am almost off it I am feeling better and not in so much pain.

If you can use something else please do this is not a good medication.

Hi there. I'm currently supposed to be taking 900mg per day of Gabepentin spaced out over 3 doses, but I actually only take the 300mg pill at night because I gained so much weight and I slept constantly. It does help me a little with the nerve pain, but my elbows, knees, wrists and ankles still ache almost all the time. I also find it makes my stomach burn as well. I called my neuro and I'm waiting on a call back to see if there's anything else I can take for this pain. I'm also taking Lexapro, Xanax, and Ambien which do absolutely nothing for me as far as I can tell. I still never sleep more than 2-4 hours a night.

Wow that's alot of opiats. I'm really sorry your suffering. The Dr.s in Washington will only give opiots if one has cancer.
It sound like you have built up a need for high amount. Can you switch to another opiate? Sometimes it tricks the brain. Good luck!

I have been on it since Sept and it removed the RLS and takes the edge off the nerve pains. Some dizziness but otherwise OK on it. I have a relatively low dose at 300 twice a day. Hear about lots of problems from others but my doc says it helps a lot of people. Everyone reacts differently.

I've been on lyrica for 10 days. Have not yet noticed less pain, but I an extremely moody. And the dry mouth is worse than before. My doctor said give it a good month before I judge it.

300mg in the pm for the past three weeks, I am soooo greatful it works for me at a low dose and helps me sleep. It took two weeks to really start fealling much better, by the time I got diagnosed I could no longer drive because I couldn't turn my neck, I slept (tried to sleep) on a pile of pillows) and thought life was over! My Dr. Prescribed voltaren gel that I applied from neck to feet until the gabby started working. I understand it takes a month to get the full affect. I hope it works for you. It's been a blessing for me. Gentle hugs.

Pythonplay3,
I was diagnosed in January of 2015 and my dr started me on 300mg of gabby twice a day... worked great for awhile then we had to change dosages cause after awhile it stopped working for me. Now I'm on 600 mg in am and 700mg at night along with tizanadine twice a day and prozac for the depression.I haven't had any side effects except for the dry mouth of course and it seems to work well most days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back