Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
I joined this forum today, everybody here seems really supportive. To be honest though, at first reading things here depressed me more. Everybody struggles with it so much and it makes every part of life so hard and it's not fair to any of us. Especially being 20 years old and having failed out of college because of my chronic fatigue and lack of focus and brain fog, after being an advanced honor student in high school and someone who especially values my intellect and is an aspiring writer...it's really hard sometimes. I feel like I can't apply myself the way I want to cause I never have the energy and it's hard enough learning how to be an adult without dealing with this.

So I got myself a glass of wine(I know, not the best thing but I don't overdo it) to try and calm myself down because I've kind of been on the verge of breaking down over this all day, I'm about to start working part-time again and I would really like to get back to school sometime, but just as I was feeling calm again my wonderfully supportive boyfriend sent me a text about how amazing I am and said no disease will ever keep me down he'll make sure of it. And I just started crying all over again lol

I guess this is one of the cards we all drew...just gotta do whatever we can. I'm gonna start getting weekly b12 shots which might help the fatigue, and I'm gonna see a psychiatrist(though I don't want antidepressants) to talk about dealing with chronic pain and fatigue, and maybe deal with my possible ADHD(maybe just part of the brain fog, idk) to get myself enough focus for school, though I would really like to not take those all the time at least.

Anyway, stay strong, guys. I've had breakdowns over this way too many times but it's almost cathartic, makes you realize yea you don't have control but you gotta do what you can cause the only other option is giving up.

So there's my night, lol.

Oh, and on the ADHD note, does anyone have experience taking those for fatigue/brain fog/ADHD? My 5th grade teacher had a suspicion I was ADHD but at the time my parents and I weren't too into the idea of meds, but I'm at the end of my rope here...I would really like to try to avoid dependency and building a tolerance and all that though

Hi there :) I know it's been a while, but welcome to the forum! No idea why your post hasn't gotten a reply until now, but don't worry, this is a great group full of supportive people. I know it might seem depressing at times, but once you get older it will get better. I know because when I was around your age I found the very same thing so depressing, now it's just something that is part of my life and I totally accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back