Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
I was outside trying to clean off my car full of snow, and I couldn't find my gloves. I wasn't out there all that long; however I found myself crying:cry: in the car. I know people that don't have Fibromyalgia might be sore, but would they cry about it?

All people deal with pain in very different ways. Some people might cry because it hurts them so bad. Some people might just give up and not finish the task and any variety of different things in between.

I cry about it - or at least feel like crying. Usually I will get this way when I'm having flare ups, but I don't think it's necessarily the pain that makes me want to cry - it's more the frustration of not always being able to control it, and how it limits me.

Yes sometimes the weather makes me cry. Mostly it's when it rains for days, I am living in a rain forest......The dampness seems to bring on my fibro flare-ups more. Sometimes it is crippling to the point of not being able to move or do much and yes sometimes I lay on the couch and cry. It's because of the pain and not have the ability to do regular everyday things that the average person can do. Do I feel sorry for myself at times,,YESSSSS I do.
I need to be taken care of, a nice hot cup of tea placed in front of me, a warm blanket put over me and some love! That's what I need when I have my bad flare-ups. Don't feel bad for crying, I was told once by a Doctor that crying releases toxins from the body, so maybe it is the bodies way of getting rid of toxins. Maybe these toxins make the Fibromyalgia worse, and crying in the long run help us feel better. Maybe toxins are the cause of our Fibromyalgia, who knows.........crying is good, don'' feel bad if you do it.

When the weather is too cold and damp and I need to get something done with my own hands, then there is a big chance I will get sore. I might cry, but not about the pain itself, but more about the fact I was stricken with this and other awful things at such a young age. Sometimes I blame all this cryong over my hormones! I feel much better after crying most of the time, so don't feel bad about it, because sometimes crying is very necessary!

I cry about it - or at least feel like crying. Usually I will get this way when I'm having flare ups, but I don't think it's necessarily the pain that makes me want to cry - it's more the frustration of not always being able to control it, and how it limits me.

This is a good point. Sometimes it's very difficult to tell the difference about whether it's the pain or the emotional devastation of acknowledging that ever-present pain. :cry:

No matter what the reason, though, crying is a perfectly normal way to get rid of some of the frustration that fibro or other chronic pain brings to life.

Yes, I have cried. The cold makes me feel like I will never be warm again. The last time I cried was when I was at work and it hurt so badly to try to get up the stairs to see the kids I work with (I work at a school). I sat down and cried.

Aww I;m sorry about your day.. Sounds like there was more going on than just the bad weather. I've been there.. Hugs

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear that. Everyone has their ways of coping and also things that trigger some sadness. Try not to get down too much and you'll find the rain to be lovely.

The weather usually lifts my mood. It's just moving into spring now and I'm already enjoy the longer nights and warmers day. It should be our first day above 20c here today. I think I have mild SAD though so that could have something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back