Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
CA
State
on
Though I was recently diagnosed I had suspected that was the issue and wasn't surprised but with that being said Im so frustrated already. Three a d half years ago I had a heart attack and went through three separate heart procedures ... alone. Then injuries my knee while working out at the hospital and two years ago had knee surgery followed by physio. Then last summer was diagnosed with skin cancer and at Christmas time went through 33 rounds of radiation... alone. Now this and through all my previous issues I tried to remain positive but this is the straw that broke the camels back. Four years ago I was working 40+ hours weekly in a physically demanding job and now reduced to struggling just to perform the most menial household chores. Im so tired.

Catz,

You are one tough lady. I'm so sorry you've had so much to deal with. I know each time I have something ELSE go wrong it takes me some time to recover from the reeling.

I'm so glad you found this site. You CAN live with this and make improvements in how you feel and how to cope.

I sure wish there was a magic pill but no such luck.

There is much to learn but you are not alone; there is much on this site and others that can help you. There is a good post on keeping a log to help track things like pain levels, activity, etc. It should help you begin to see a pattern.

Also, have you had your vitamin D levels checked, (simple blood test) as most FMers are low on that. Magnesium is also one many are low on and can help relax muscles as well as your mind. A foam mattress topper may help if you find your bed too hard. Heating pads, hot showers and baths with Epsom salts, even with a little essential oil, (I like lavender). There are some topical things like Stopain or Fibro cream, (CVS, Walgreens). 20 min. activity is usually great for helping; exercise bike, a walk, pool therapy, supplements. Eventually you will find the "just right" combo that will help you.

Do you have a good doc who is treating your FM? It's really important to have a good working relationship with one. What are you doing now? (meds, etc.) Feel free to post again for questions or to blow off steam-we get it!

Hope something in this helps.

You poor thing , u really have had your fair share.but even thought things look black atm it will get better.
Sure a lot of days u will feel like shit ,but when u do get a good day u enjoy it far more then the most.
Do leave more posts and at least have ppl here who understand u help ,even if it's just a supportive reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back