Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
UK
State
London
Hi, I'm Sonique50 and I Have Fybromyalgia. Is There Anything Anyone in the Forum Can Suggest to Do if You've Used Epsom Salts, the So Called Miracle Cure All, And Have Found That Though it Claims to Help Fybromyalgia it Actually Made Mine So Much Worse? And Has Anyone had a Similar Experience & Found a Way to Reverse the Really Bad & Unwanted Side Effects Experienced From Using it? I Would Really Appreciate Some Feedback on This Asap!!! As I'm Struggling Now, with My Condition Worse Than Ever Before 😳😔😪
I Had Really Badly Swollen Feet Last Week & Bad Joint & Muscle Pain, Partly Due to Two Very Bad Falls, This Year, One Early February & One Early April 2017, Where I Ended Up with Bruised & Cracked Ribs, Badly Cut Right & Left Knees, a Cut Left Hand & Multiple Torn Ligaments, Due to the Trauma of the First Fall. Since the Second Fall in April 2017. And After the 2nd Fall, My Feet Have Been in Agony On & Off Since Then, & Since the Warmer Weather Started This Week its Got So Much Worse, My Feet are So Swollen Especially My Right Foot, It's So Badly Swollen, That the Arch of My Right Foot is Practically
Non-Existent, it Curves Out instead of in. (I've Now Since Seen My GP About My Feet, & Have Been Referred for X-ray Which I Had 2/6/17 with a Wk to Wait for Results. If it Happened on a Monday or So, I Could've Seen the GP Sooner but it Was Friday & They Haven't Had Saturday Emergency Surgery for Years. Anyway as Well as the Swelling, My Bones in My Right Upper Foot are Up So High & Out of Place it's Making the Pain Even Worse Than Before. Because on Friday the 26th of May, as it Was Sunny I Wore Flip Flops to Work, Big Mistake, Although I've Worn Them for Years & Never Had Any Problem, This Time, I Was in So Much Pain, I Could Hardly Walk, the Bottom of My Feet Were Almost Blood Red Underneath & Felt Like They Were on Fire, My Toes Were So Swollen the Toe Post was Cutting into My Toes, I Had to go & Buy New Sandals Pronto! Just to Get Those Hot Rubber Flip Flops Off My Feet & Get Some Relief. So in Desperation I Googled Swollen Feet Help & Found a Website Boasting of All the Numerous Health Benefits of an Epsom Salts Foot Soak and Epsom Salts Bath. So I Did an Epsom Foot Soak on Friday 26th of May & I Did the Epsom Bath Soak on Saturday the 27th May & Yes Some of the Claims of the Epsom Salts in the Foot Soak, at Least the Part That States it Relieves Swelling & Fluid Build Up in the Feet was True. But the Claims that it Also Relieves Pain & Promotes Healing is Totally Untrue. For Ever Since I Had That Epsom Bath Soak, I've Never Been in So Much Pain & Agony in My Life. I Used to Be in Level of Pain & Discomfort On & Off But it was Bearable & Occasionally, Either My Neck, My Shoulder, My Elbow, My Wrist, My Hand, My Lower Back, My Hip, My Knee, My Ankle, My Foot Would be in Pain or Burning for a Day or a Few Hours a Day. But Now, I'm Feeling Agonising Burning Pain in My Joints & Muscles from My Neck Down to My Toes!

I am so sorry you are struggling at the moment. I haven't used the Epsom salts, but like you, I have heard alot about them relieving some pain for people and I would be interested to try them if they worked. I find sometimes, depending on what pain it is, just soaking in a hot bath, irrelevant of whats in there (maybe some nice smelling lavender bubbles) can sometimes make me feel better. It's so hard trying to work out what does and doesn't work, and I don't know if you are like me, but what I struggle with changes on a daily basis! Although I always have muscle and joint pain and fatigue, different things come up on different days - like for instance, today, my skin has felt like its been on fire and I have felt almost feverish - I have just gone into a flare, but this is something new for me!
I hope that you feel a bit better soon and have a restful night - there is always a listening ear here xoxo

Oh no!!! First of all I think you have to understand how epsom salt soak is actually does to body. Epsom salt drawn water in not out so if your body swellon do to any kind of water retaining in to your cell then epsom salt shouldn't be use. When I was first out of the long period I spent in hospital , my leg and feet were swollen and that's how i've learned the lesson of epsom salt use. First of all your legs need to be elevated, eat lots of potassium food such as banana , kale , etc anything with high potassium is good . Most of the time swollen skin cause by the reaction of electrolytes imbalance do to injuries or illnesses. Less salt is best , you need to pee more to reduce those swollen pains in your body. Plus make sure to check for any sign of infection. Your body parts are swelling red do to inflammation. Your doctor should be able to give you some medication for it please do not soak in epsom salt any more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back