Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
Kent
Hi Everybody , I would like to ask you all if you could help me out . I suspect as does my wife that I may have this horrible illness Fibromyalgia .
My symptoms are complete body pain from top to bottom . I am a builder which I put a lot of my aches and pains to but there is obviously an under lying problem as well . My shoulders neck and back are probably the worst area on my body that seems to suffer . I haven`t gone back to work yet since Christmas as I have had such bad pains all over . Other parts of my body that hurt are my wrists I get shooting pains in my fingers and shooting pains between my elbows and wrists . My ankles get painful and if I kneel down and I'm on my knees my toes cramp up .
Headaches come and go as do stomach pains . These don`t happen an awful lot but they occur . I also get very stressed about life and especially my work . I have looked at sights and these symptoms sound like there is some way to saying it could be this illness . Ive spoken to my doctor and I intend to go back this coming week . The worst part of the day is the evening where I completely freeze up and have to sit there with at least 2-3 hot water bottles to get me going again . I'm not 50 till June but I am determined to help myself so I need the help of all of you to tell me what you think .
Kind Regards
Andy

Hi, Andy!
Like you, I am a guest to this US forum and I am also a builder. It would be nice to exchange thoughts without boring the others with our specific problems. If you are for a private message exchange.
Kind regards!
Peter

Its not boring to us at all.....its good to have guys on here and i am in UK.

Andy please ask your doctor to refer you to a rheumatologist.....it could be fibro as it can present with a whole array of all the symptoms you mention but it could be something else.

But please stay around and ask anything you want or vent or contribute more about yourself.

If it is fibro i say this with the absolute best of intentions and i know this is not an easy thing but you possibly need to think of a change in career.

Its time to look after your health as a Top priority...that means learning to pace your activity levels so you stay fit but not over do it with such a hugely physical job.

In the long run..if it is fibro that way you may well preserve a good quality of life....if you push yourself until you bust then sometimes the illness ramps up permanently until you are forced to slow down.

It doesnt mean it will happen....just time to look after yourself....maybe keep a diary of what activities cause what pain....or if its random.

My Dad has ME/CFS for the last 40 years so not only have i got my own experience to draw on but watching my Father since i was teenage slow down and manage his condition.

But everyone is so different some people do manage to stay very active and live really fulfilling lives....i hope more people respond with advice for you.

Good Luck and take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back