Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on disability for fibromyalgia. I was applied for it after a bad car accident, was denied, appealed, and received it because of other diagnosis. After 5 years it was discontinued "Because was healed". Where they got that from I will never know. My doctors were floored. My doctors never signed any of my paperwork, however, their chart notes stated that the fibromyalgia was diabilatating (ok I didn't spell that right). I was in such bad shape that I couldn't often get out of bed, dress, or card for myself. However, a month ago I discovered something that has made all the difference in the work for me. Its called Limu. I'm telling you this because I have lived what you are living since October 2000. For the past month, I am sleep without medication, waking with energy, my "Fibro Fog" is gone, and my pain has decreased considerable. Yes, I am selling it now, but only to get the product for free, because I am using it. I AM NOT trying to profit off of any of you. This is my site debbieduhon.iamlim.com but please if you feel that is my intention go buy it directly. I am not promising you it will cure you, I'm simply sharing my experience with you. I have tried everything else and finally found something that helps. If I can pay-this-forward it is my duty to do so. Hang in there with the disability.

OK, I don't know what's up with this stuff, but the first time I put your page in, I got a Mojo.com page. The second time I got something else, and it had a green background but looked like one of those holding pages. I hit refresh and I got a similar page but the background was blue. You've got issues, or this is phishing.

I would assume that the doctor that diagnosed you would have to at least put your diagnosis in writing. Have you asked that doctor yet? At the very least get your diagnosis on paper. I would assume that would be enough for your disability. It was the main focus of mine here in the states. Good luck.

I don't want to be on disability either, but I did look into the tax credit and yes, it looks like a catch 22! You have to be declared disabled to get a tax credit. One of these days I'm going to go the Employment center and see if I can find an actual person that will help me find a way. I am nervous that I won't be able to financially help my family in the future, I am only working 3 days a week as it is now (age 47)! I think the doctors will sign a form if you can find the correct document from the government - just finding the right one!

This is my story almost to a T. I am also 60. The difference is I have no husband anymore (20 years now) and have been diagnosed Fibro for about 19 years. Have run the gamut of drugs and doctors who did not believe. Have accepted what is is. But don't like it and study all the time keeping up on hopeful advances in treatments. Slim lot as they may be. Just signed on to this sight. Glad to meet people and not feel so alone in this.

Well folks! I'm back! My rheumy finally decided it's time to try some drugs, so he's got me on Methotrexate. Of course I had to get the blood work done first, then every 2 weeks for the next 6 weeks, then once a month til my next appointment with him in July. I started the "meth" on April 8, so this Monday (today) has only been my 4th dose & I hear it can take up to 12 weeks to take affect. So I'm not sure if I'm feeling any benefits yet... but I do feel less achy... I think! Sometimes it so hard to tell. But no flare ups of any kind... so that much is good! My foot is still very sore & swollen in the ankle area & my achillies tendon has been so sore for months now... making it very difficult to walk sometimes. If I go out & do errands in the morning... I absolutely must come home & relax, ice it & put it up! I never know if my pain (in any part of the body) is related to the RA or to the Fibro. Both my shoulders are showing a lack of range of motion again!

As for my disability papers... I asked my GP & he finally said yes! I had all my sections filled out & ready to go (even a brown manila envelope already addressed)... he just had to complete his section. That was also was April 8... I phone back every week to inquire but to date he still hasn't done them yet. The excuse? "He's very busy you know, he has other patients waiting too!" So I wait! I can bet you that if it was his wife or family member... those papers would have been done the next day! Very fustrating!

With gardening season upon us... anyone who knows me knows that I love working in my flower beds, which are being somewhat neglected this spring... I just can't do what I used to! But I try a little bit each day. I have a girlfriend who is also early retired due to her osteoarthritis in her knee & wrist, so we try to help each other... one day in her gardens... then she comes over to help me in mine. It so helps to have that kind of support surrounding me!

Welcome DeeDee! I'm pretty new to this site myself. And you're right...nice to know you're not alone in this battle. I did not expect this Fibro diagnosis when I got it from my rheumy... I fully expected him to treat me for the RA (which I had just been diagnosed with). So not having the support of my doctors wasn't an issue for me... but getting them to realize how much pain I was constantly in... that's another matter. Thru all my emergency visits & after the many meds prescribed by emergency doctors.. I found out on my own that Co-meloxicam mixed with Percocet was good enough to keep me out of emergency when I could feel a flare up coming on. (and those flare ups were some of the most excruciating pain I've ever felt in my life! And I've got a very high tolerance to pain!) One flare up in my right hand, sent me to emergency where they gave me an IV with Morphine (not sure how many, but more than a few), then Tradol, then Demerol (I think about 2 or 3) & finally Fentanyl (just one & it knocked me out!) My GP finally sent me for MRI's on both shoulders, as I could hardly use them & was in such constant pain... the MRI showed inflamed bursa (among other things like tendopathy & possible tear), so he sent me back to the rheumy who gave me a cortisone shot in both shoulders & I felt wonderful for about 6 months. Things are starting to ramp up again, so back to the rheumy who has just put me on Methotrexate... the effects of that drug can take a month or more, so not really sure if it's helping yet. But haven't had to take any Co-meloxicam or Percocets, so that is good! Keep your chin up girl... we are all here if you ever need to vent.... as I seem to need to do quite often! LOL!

Hi Scherllynn> yes, my diagnosis from my rheumy is on paper & faxed to my GP. There is a blood test result (Anti CPP) for the RA that is 100% for that diagnosis. Both my Rheumy & GP say that they haven't run the full gambit on all the treatments available, so they don't think I will qualify as "severe & prolonged" as required by our Canada Pension Plan Disability. But just recently my GP has agreed to fill in my paperwork... altho I don't know when he's gonna get around to doing it... it's been almost a month now! So we wait! And wait! And wait!

Hi SueMc> I found all the paper work & forms online. You can either just print them out & fill them in later. Or you can fill them out online & print them out. It even comes with an instruction package to fill out the different sections. I believe it was at the Service Canada site. There is a section called a Questionnaire for Disability, another section is the actual Application for Benefits, another form on Children & the Medical section that your doctor fills out! Quite in depth & long. Then there are 2 consent forms... one for the doctor's office & one for CPP.

I must warn you that "Severe & Prolonged" both have specific meanings under CPP... Severe is "you have a mental or physical disability that regularly stops you from doing "any" type of substantially gainful employment". Prolonged is "the disability is long-term and of indefinite duration or likely to result in death". So if you are still working... that could be a problem!

My brother in law worked in construction & had a cement wall fall on him, almost killing him. It crushed his pelvis, did much internal damage & he now walks with canes, altho he has access to a walker & an electric scoot. (he hates using them!) But they refused his first application, he had to appeal their decision! And that's something my own GP told me... I will probably be refused cos he can't prove "severe or prolonged"! But I told him to try anyway, I haven't worked since June 2011 & don't think at my age & with both my conditions that I will ever return to the workplace... not even part time! I sure wish I could! Right up until my first visit to emergency in April 2011, I was a goer, a doer, a A type personality, an organizer, very active in sports, gardening, boating... everything. In a matter of months I was reduced to the pain filled, fibro fog, fatigued person I am today. That won't ever change! It's been 2 years now trying to find relief & trying to talk my doctors into signing my papers!

But good luck to you & let us know how it all works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back