Not open for further replies.

jcairns82

Diagnosis
02/1993
Country
CA
State
Canada
My roommates were witness to a fibromyalgia flare up this passed week. We have one of those ikea lamps that you press the button on the floor to turn on and off. Unfortunately, the outlet is high up on the wall, so it meant that the button wasn't flat on the floor.

I was having a particular bad day and bending over to press the button wasn't an option. I just pulled it out of the wall to turn it off. The next morning, one roommate was like, "Hey, who pulled this out? It's not that hard to press the button." I explained that I was in no shape to do that and they looked pretty shocked.

I think at that moment, he started to understand the extent of this illness.

That happens to me a lot so yanking out the cord works for me, too! Seems like such a small thing but when in serious pain, it is a daunting task.

I've had days like that... right now I'm in a lot pain... all my abdomen and right ribs. Not a good time since I'll be traveling very soon. Gosh, I hope this is over before my trip!

Glad your roomates get it tho :) It's great they didn't get mad over such a small thing, I know some people who would. Glad you live with people who understand :)

I avoid bending over at all costs. I definitely cannot do it repeatedly.

If I bend over, it is definitely not by the knees. I'm not getting up if I do that. Thankfully, my loved ones know that I'm not good at bending over and will do it for me, if they are near.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back