Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
kansas
So I have been on gabapentin for a lil over 2 weeks and im not noticing any difference! If anything the pain has increased and I think thats more to d with the weather! Kansas gives us cold and hot days right next to eachother! My body does not like it one bit! Im so tired of having to try different meds and putting my body thru this crap! I just want it to go away! I never get sick and this fibro is the irony of it all! I just want to be normal again and enjoy life with my husband and daughter! Ughhh....Im so over this!

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have taken gabapentin for about 20 years. I was told when I first started on it that it has a short life, meaning it works better if you take it at the same time or times, every day it will be more effective. Pa, is very cold right now to so I can understand completely what you are going through in dealing with this terrible cold weather.

Something that can make you feel good on really bad days is to put a lightweight blanket in your dryer and get it warm then cuddle up in it. The warmth with make your muscles feel better and hopefully cheer the rest of you too.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Thank u so much! I will try the blanket! I appreciate it so much! Just having one of those days.

Try to give the medication more time before Judging if it's working or not.
That medication can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks for people to notice a difference.....
Unless you're having side effects of course lol then call your Dr! Haha
:)

And I can relate to the weather! I'm in western new York.... And it's been awful here! Mother nature is being unusually cruel this winter here!

Oh wow i didnt realize it took that long for meds to kick in! I will definitely keep trying them, i dont have any side effects except for some foggyness sonits not that bad. Yes mother nature needs to get her butt in high gear for spring lol. Thanks

Welcome to the forum! Glad you could join us and find this forum useful :) Venting on here can be really helpful, plus this forum is a great source of info and advice for those who need it.

Don't worry about the meds, we are all different and some things work better than others, while others don't work at all. You just have to keep on experimenting with meds and therapies to see what works best, so don't lose hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back