Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
hmm
There was a thread on foot pain but its closed n not much help
im feeling desperate as my feet feel like lead blocks, working out is difficult, i trained as a dancer pre fibro n try to not let chronic pain hinder me.
i wear nhs inner soles for my flat feet, i havent worn heels for years but the foot pain is getting me down n threatens my independance.
i have pain clinic in a few weeks but til then any advice would be appreciated.
I swim n do yoga 3x a week, do a lot of stretching and into trp massage.
Its the tendons on top of foot ankle joint n arche, feet feel heavy n toes slightly numb
are there any products, shoes, orthopedic, exercises that i could be doing to ease the pain. I shuffle along like quasimodo!
i am 29 n been suffering for 4 years now so u youngens i completey get the despair. Wishing u all low pain :roll:

Hi
Sorry to read about your foot problem.
I am afraid my foot pain is different, it's shooting pains constantly and feels like I'm walking on broken bones!
My right leg feels heavier than my left and sometimes feels numb.
Being that we are both suffering in the uk, I don't know what meds you are on or if you've tried any natural meds with any success?
I'm just coming off of Pregabalin because I didn't feel it was helping and that the side effects were not worth the risk.
I have found swimming, though painful and very tiring has helped a bit with keeping my joints moving. I have also found using the jacuzzi and warm water helps. My doctor and the doctor at the pain clinic I went to (only went once as all they said they could do to help was relaxation techniques), said that relaxation was the most helpful thing to do and not to try to fight this.
I don't know if this helps and what experience you've had with advise etc from your doctor. I would be interested to hear what your experience has been with med profession, as most people on this site are from USA.
Good luck.

Been there, braces, special insoles, mri,special shoes, nothing worked, I'm so afraid of some weird conclusion, it's all in our heads right nooooo.
I hope you have better luck than me.

Hi Sarah, Ive had pain in my feet for many years, sometimes worse than others. Ive had times where I've had to wear a foot support. When I first got it many years ago I could not even stand to have the bed cover on one foot & had to have it hanging out of bed with a cold flannel on it.
I have fallen down stairs a couple of times where my foot has just given way for no reason and sometimes now when I stand up It feels like all my bones are crunching as I walk across the floor, as Tvale say's (walking on broken bones).
I also get sudden pain in a part of my foot that feels like someone has hit it with a hammer.
A part of the side of my foot has been numb for years and I am convinced this is to do with back
So yes foot pain, only relief I get is to put in hot water & a gentle massage with some aromatherapy oil. I take 50/300 Solpadol for pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back