Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2009
Country
US
State
MI
hi im new I was diagnosed with severe ADHD at the age of 5 and at the age of 26 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I am now 33 and my ADHD symptoms just keep getting worse!
So I am here to vent and try to not feel so all alone and maybe learn some things. The reason for my title is because I seem to be able to manage my pain with good things like exercise, drinking water mostly, creams and it used to be when first diagnosed and a previous Dr 6 meds, but now I only take 2 meds for my fibro ( tramadol 50mg/4day and Cymbalta 60mg am and pm) but have made plans with dr to come off the Cymbalta and God willing not have to replace it. I do take an ADHD med Dexedrine and have taken this since I was 8 and have been a guinea pig for almost every ADHD med out there and this is it for me. I take excedrine extra strength for my headaches/migraines and used to take meds for that as well and no longer have to I left my rheumatologist because she kept adding meds when I wanted less. I have worked all my life on managing my ADHD and feel like I am having struggles daily with it and I wonder if its the Cymbalta which by the way quick working after the first 2 years on it, tried to come off it ended up in hospital for withdraw problems and other new meds, after that is when I left the one dr above. So I ended up back on it first for depression and 2nd for the fibro but now 4 years of it and I don't think it does anything for me but side effects that have shown themselves with this med such as vision problems, on edge and sensitive to sound and movements, major mood swings, anxiety, cant focus or concentrate a great example is my ADHD without meds but even worse! now if my fibro is flared up to the point that it cause my adhd to show itself I know I can walk, stretch, nap, jazzercise, exercise, talk to someone, cry, ect. there are many things I have learned to do with fibro number 1 is pray! but as far as my BAD BRAIN DAYS nothing I do seems to help! I hope I did this the right way, and hope I either help someone out here or get some much needed help myself! all who read this be blessed and I ll see you on the DARKSIDE OF THE MOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back