Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys all so much for the responses!! Your support really means everything to me. I'm sorry its taken me so long to respond.

sureimsore- I'll check out marshmallow foam! I bet it would help with plantar fasciatis, which I also have apparently. Also thank you for your well wishes. The rain in Texas has been intense.

lisasian86- I'll look into Naproxen right now, thank you. Also 12 hour shifts! Wow. I think I would pass out.

SilverBelle- I'm attending college this fall and I'm really really looking forward to it. I think meanwhile, though, I will try to find new shoes. I have inserts in but I've been wearing just regular vans without much arch support. Thanks for the advice!

WarriorPrincess- I have thought about disability before. Maybe when I'm a little older if I really can't find any relief? I'm not sure. I need to think about it more I guess. Thanks!

DK_engineer- I just looked these up, and I think we already have these at my job, or else I would definitely be asking for them. Thank you though!!

Trellum- I've been on several different meds for fibromyalgia in the past, but none of them made a difference. Maybe ive never found a good combo or the right one? I'm curious whats worked for you.

Eyesup- Most of my pain is in my joints and my back, and also my feet. I've sometimes thought if what I have is something other than fibro, but I've never gotten a really clear diagnosis one way or the other. I'll look up capsasin right now!! And yeah, I'm going back to school this fall so hopefully I should be able to find some form of relief there.

I really really appreciate you guys well wishes and thoughtfulness. It really does make me feel better. Just got off another long shift!

I've been on several different meds for fibromyalgia in the past, but none of them made a difference. Maybe ive never found a good combo or the right one? I'm curious whats worked for you.

If you continue to try the fibro drugs, and find no help, it really is time to start thinking about other causes.

A while ago someone posted the link to this published medical paper, regarding a woman going to the hospital and subsequently being diagnosed with fibro. None of the drugs worked for her, so they did a lactate test, muscle biopsy and found it was mitochondria related. Mitochondria are a very complex thing, and damage/disorders can also effect metabolism (which your skeletal muscles contribute to).
here's the link to the post: http://www.fibromyalgiaforums.org/f...some-research-about-fibro-i-wanted-share.html

So if you've been on medications in the past that are known to cause myopathies (Cipro and it's equivalents are something many younger people may have been exposed to, for infections), I would bring this up to your doctor.

There are numerous causes for fibro symptoms, but I always find it odd when younger people, especially just out of their teens, come down with it...wish the doctors would delve deeper.

If the body needs rest we must give it rest or else we will get worse.

Hello Erylab,
I am so sorry for your pain accompanying this disease.... I have been dealing with this for a lifetime yet not diagnosed until 1991... I am 54 and now my son has his own version of the same disease. He is 21 and first diagnosed in 7th grade.... He is amazing! But like you the pain is unavoidable! He is an undergrad student of a double major in finance and history of finance. After extreme dedication to his goal...and I mean Alpha-extreme push... Pressure (running from his pain IMO), he is considering a different career/major. I say this because I've had so many wonderful careers in my life! Secret: re-invention! After a lifetime of this and RA, I've become bedridden yet remain working in my most recent career... (I am a college dropout as I became sick and no one understood the fibro-fog and lack of proper medical attention....) the RA is maturing: so steroids, etc to add to my host of medication.... BUT I will survive this. My point, it is impossible to do the same physical stress day after day.... You will run out of options to fight this disease very fast! Re-invent yourself and review your limitations and find a job to fir you. You have to come first and remission is possible at your age! But you can't hound on the same muscle/joints day after day... For that matter you can't lay down every day....BUT, There is nothing you can't do!! Know your physical limitations, each day change it up before your body knows and reacts to the stress you put on it. You are not in control of your physical response to the constant repetitive stress. You are thankfully in total control of the mental aspect. Admit to yourself what you can or cannot do.... Then find something that works for you. Be prepared to change it up as your body ages and changes.

Most importantly: Find a Qualified doctor to walk this life-long journey with.... Keep looking for a primary cause so you can minimize the Flares!

Best of luck! My heart goes out to you🙂

The joys of fibro. I have a job that I love but it requires a lot of walking and standing. The first part of my day I am usually sitting in the office attending to deposits and other paperwork but the second half I am on the floor managing the staff, assisting guests and running about here and there. We have anti fatigue mats at the cashes for the cashiers but I hate them. I do not find they help. I take cymbalta and it has been a lefesaver. My only side affect is vivid dreams. I can live with that. I do find I take far longer to heal from an injury and my pain threshold is non existent. I leave work exhausted and usually wind up sleeping for a good hour on the couch. To add insult to injury we live on the third floor of a building with no elevator. Laundry is on the first floor. Sighhh stairs kills me. Re Epsom salt baths. Omg amazing. My chiropractor recommended it and it does feel good. The dpsom salts pull the toxins out of your body. Make sure to shower right after though because you need to wash the salt and toxins away. Good luck with finding solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back