DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
AB
Greetings,

Thought I'd join this community as I've reached a point where coping on my own has become more challenging. This is not to say I do not have my husband's support. He tries his best and is very compassionate. However, my condition has worsened over the last couple years and my quality of life is greatly impacted. I've lived with Fibro for 26 years. I've tried pretty much every med available with no relief. Just side affects that add to my misery. I'm hoping this forum can not only provide helpful info but also an outlet with understanding members who walk the walk. Thx for reading this. 😀

Re: Just Joined

Hiya. Welcome to the forum. This place is great for advice, understanding or just to vent.

Lou

Thank you Lou. Appreciate the welcome.

Welcome murphy. Twenty-six years and you're still able to find some positivity. That's brave to say the very least. You're fortunate to have someone that understands in your husband. I'm lucky the ones closest to me try to understand. Though I have lost some friends over the years and they weren't all bad, just not very open minded to anything they're not familiar with. Or perhaps just not patient and too busy to try to understand.

I'm curious, have you given up on medications all together?

Welcome to the family.i do hope we can help you even on a small level,hugs

Welcome. I am a new member too. I am trying to keep positive in my life while not being a Pollyanna, and recognizing when I need to let myself feel hopeless for a minute. I started a blog, and that helps. I try to remind myself that there are good times. I have struggled with my partner in trying to get him to be supportive in an active and not just sympathetic way. It's difficult feeling like during the worst times I'm still going to have to depend on myself. But I know his very presence makes things better.

Welcome murphy. Twenty-six years and you're still able to find some positivity. That's brave to say the very least. You're fortunate to have someone that understands in your husband. I'm lucky the ones closest to me try to understand. Though I have lost some friends over the years and they weren't all bad, just not very open minded to anything they're not familiar with. Or perhaps just not patient and too busy to try to understand.

I'm curious, have you given up on medications all together?

HI David, in answer to your question; if a medication became available that would positively provide symptomatic relief I wld try it. However, such is nothing the case. At the moment I take vit D, muti B vit, and pain med when needed. I also apply heat.

Sadly this condition we live with meets up with a lack of understanding which further exacerbates our stresses.

Welcome. I am a new member too. I am trying to keep positive in my life while not being a Pollyanna, and recognizing when I need to let myself feel hopeless for a minute. I started a blog, and that helps. I try to remind myself that there are good times. I have struggled with my partner in trying to get him to be supportive in an active and not just sympathetic way. It's difficult feeling like during the worst times I'm still going to have to depend on myself. But I know his very presence makes things better.

It's commendable that your partner sympathetic. I try to place myself in my husbands shoes and I must confess that the Fibro is hard on him as well. Just in a different way. Our partners suffer much loss. Their lives are impacted too. Because of this I can suffer guilt knowing my health issues have caused his life to change in ways he never counted on. poor guy:-(

Welcome Murphy,

firstly i just wanted to say what a strong women you are to cope with this condition for 26 years and only now seek support. Unfortunately i am only 3 months in and as much as i like to think i am a strong person after having many surgeries and illness's over 10 years i have found this one to be the hardest to accept. Coming from an ethnic background getting family to understand that just because i look well on the outside doesnt mean i am has been a whirlwind of emotions. To be told something is all in your head consistently was hard to push past. I also suffer with guilt towards my partner as he is very supportive and has had to carry alot more stress since i am no longer able to do what i used to but its important we understand that we didnt bring this on ourselves and as much as they suffer with us carrying guilt will only worsen our condition.

I am currently trialing acupuncture, Massage and yoga along with a well balanced diet and so far i can say the acupuncture is helping alot with the migraines and sleep patterns. Have you tried any alternate treatments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back