Not open for further replies.

Izac Joz

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IN
State
Delhi
I understand that Fibromyalgia may bring about concentration and memory related problems. However, of late, this doesn't seem to be the case as most of the patients display memory related problems late into their life.

Do any of you have memory related and concentration problems that you got as a result of Fibromyalgia?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I have concentration and memory problems with Fibromyalgia.

For instance, I forget to have a meal until I realize I'm hungry. I forget to to put the clothes in the dryer and end of having to wash them again because they've been sitting in water so long they smell. I forgot my keys. I forget where I've parked. It's really off-putting and self destructive to be honest. But, when you don't sleep well and are constantly in pain I guess it should come as no surprise that your memory and mind will suffer.

Actually, there's a bit of information about Fibro-Fog which is exactly what we're talking about here. It's the cloud of concentration and memory issues that comes with Fibromyalgia.

If you dont midn me asking, are you saying me that sleeping well can often sure you of these concentration problems?

I believe that is what she is saying, yes.

Yes, I have this too. Memory and concentration problems can become more of a problem when your under stress. Doctors say avoid stress, but that is kind of like avoiding living. Life is stressful, but making things easier for yourself is the ticket. I was always a multi-tasker, like why make two trips when one would do. At work I was a go-getter and did more than necessary. I wanted everything to be perfect. But with Fibro, nothing is perfect and when you add in too much and stress becomes to high, your brain will shut down. Kind of like a computer when all you get is error messages, and nothing works the way it should. To avoid this on a daily basis try not to over-load your system.

Oh that wonderful Fibro Fog!
One of my biggest enemy.
I used to multitask quite efficiently now I multitask because I lose track of what I was doing in the first place!
I start the washing get distracted, wonder what I was doing, can't remember so start on cleaning say a bedroom. Hubby asks for something... I go looking then forget what I'm looking for, but while in the basement realise I was doing washing so carry on with that. Hubby then shouts out if I found the so and so that I'd forgotten while I was down there.
By the end of the day I have started jobs all over the house but too bloody knackered from running around all over the place I haven't any energy left to finish a one of them! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back