Not open for further replies.

Corvid

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
Pretty much self-explanatory. Just had to moan about it. I work full-time, and then I come home and have to do all the adult things. Granted, it's still less work being a single mom than being married to my ex, but it makes for an exhausting combo with fibro/cfs.

There. Moan done. For now.

I really admire single moms for doing what they do, specially the ones that are in your situation. I think it's one of the hardest full time jobs ever, but well worth it! I wish you the best of luck with it and hang in there! Sometimes being alone is better than being with someone who doesn't get you or you don't get along with that well. Been there, that's why I ended it with my ex. Some relationships become so toxic after a while.

Pretty much self-explanatory. Just had to moan about it. I work full-time, and then I come home and have to do all the adult things. Granted, it's still less work being a single mom than being married to my ex, but it makes for an exhausting combo with fibro/cfs.

There. Moan done. For now.

That didn't sound like a moan to me at all... it sounded like a very wise observation. :lol:

It must be horribly difficult to deal with the fibro on top of all the house things, mom things, *and* a full-time job! Your strength is truly inspiring.

Bring those vents by here any time... there are so many people who always have words to help, I've found.

I just want to give you the biggest virtual hug I can manage, Corvid. And really, that wasn't a moan at all! For all you've been through and all you continue to fight with, you deserve at least three full walls-of-text worth of venting!

You're a hero, Corvid. You're a mother and a warrior, bent on doing the best for those you love, and if your children are wise, they will recognized that one day. You're doing everything right!

Hang in there. Sometimes life is hard but your child will grow up to a beautiful person and it will all be worth it. I understand it is very hard but thats how life sometimes is. There is a saying I hope will make you feel better - You need sun and rain to see all the colors of the rainbow :)

Corvid,
I am right there with you. I am a single mom of two, 9 &6. I am finishing up my masters degree and I was working full time when I got diagnosed with fibro. I had to quit my job because the physical demand of the job was too difficult for me. One of the requirements is to be able to lift 20 sometimes 50 pounds. There is no way I can do that, let alone push wheelchairs. I send you great bigs hugs! You are an amazing woman!

Its hard enough being a single mother, to top it all you have fibro, you are a superwoman. My live is hell sometimes yet am married at least with some helping hand. Take heart, the beauty of being a parent is that with every year, the child grow up and soon they dont need baby siting from you anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back