Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
FL
I was taking Cymbalta and Lyrica. Both low doses. I had to stop Cymbalta and now I have a lot of pain in my hips and legs, shoulders, arms and a burning sensation across my back. I want to function and be pain free....any suggestions?

I've had to go to homeopath and alternative medicine to find some relief.

I buy essential oils such as frankincense and mix it a 4:1 ratio with organic grapeseed oil. I rub that into the affected pain area.
I also buy magnesium oil, although some swear by it, magnesium oil does not do the job for me.

There is also a homeopathic pain reliever called Topricin. I spread a thin layer on the affected pain area and it helps greatly.

Warm Epsom salt baths are nice too.

If I knew how to be pain free all day, I'd surely would do whatever it took to be pain free. Unfortunately, there aren't any medical professionals in my life that can even tell me what caused this and I surely do not have a doctor who is concerned enough with my welfare to address it.

Thank you bloomingidiot (I feel bad typing that) I will look for a place around me where I can get some of that and try it. Today I told myself "I WILL get my house clean".....after the kitchen, livingroom, son's bathroom, spare room and starting on mine I have to break that promise to myself. I am in ALOT of pain. Going to veg and sleep the day away :-(

Thank you bloomingidiot (I feel bad typing that) I will look for a place around me where I can get some of that and try it. Today I told myself "I WILL get my house clean".....after the kitchen, livingroom, son's bathroom, spare room and starting on mine I have to break that promise to myself. I am in ALOT of pain. Going to veg and sleep the day away :-(

First of all, don't feel bad typing my moniker. I named myself that because I was a blooming idiot to have placed my trust in the medical community concerning this illness. In fact, I worked in the medical community for 25 years.

I felt like I was led in a wild goose chase and between my medical insurance and myself, we spent tens of thousands of dollars for the last 20 years concerning this illness and have come to nothing close to getting relief. They had me on so much medicine that I could not even function. When I asked to be taken off some of them, the doctor refused me. So I went to my current doctor who, at first helped me to get off the three antidepressants they put me on.

But now I feel like I am back to square one in that my pcp never addresses my pain when I go for my visit. I deal with the pain during the day as best as possible. But at night, I would like some relief to be able to sleep. I don't ask for narcotics, but the medications I do take, she does not want to write prescriptions for it anymore, telling me that the government will not let her write those prescriptions when I turn 65. I still have 6-years to go and she wants to stop them now?:shock: I do not abuse the medications, taking them only at night so I can sleep. My pain reliever is BC powder, not strong narcotics ...and she is not happy with that. Advil does nothing for me. I am forced to use alternative foods and oils even though they are not potent, they are safe.

If you buy Frankencense, be sure it is genuine 100% essential oil and not oil scent for lamps.
Frankencense has anti-inflammatory properties and works well for me in my joints and for the restless legs I have at night. It also works fairly well for the large knots that come up at the end of the day in my back.

I am probably going to have to drive a few hours and get to a doctor who actually believes and treats fibromyalgia to see if this can be managed better.

For those of you who are happy with the medical community, please do not let my post discourage you or lose faith in your provider. There are many good ones out there who do their best to help fibro sufferers find relief. There just are not any in my area that I know of so I am going to have to seek out a practioner in a larger city who specializes in fibromyalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back