Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1999
Country
US
State
CA
Has anybody here ever used Benzo drugs? I was diagnosed with Fibro in 1999 & later discovered it could be from Xanax & Ativan use.

OH MY GOSH! I too question the fibro diagnosed because I had been on klonopin. I am in the process of tapering off of Valium. I crossed over to valium because was told it would be easier to get off.

but sx from benzo w/d mimic fibro. so who knows except I will say I had pain before the klonopin, just not as bad as it is now. Now I can barely function.

Jet are you still on either of those? Because if you are you are you need to get off them ASAP. But do it safely and slowly. they are poison and will ruin what brain we have left.

What? Are you serious? I haven't heard. ? I WILL BE I WATCHING FOR THE ANSWERS ON THIS ONE.

Nope. No benzodiazepine. In fact no meds whatsoever prior to fibro.

What about Rivotril? (Clonazepam). I'm on them since 1999 for anxiety but just one a day at bedtime. Prior to taking them I was not pain free but was not as much in pain as I am now for at least 6 years. I don't know if there is a link but it's Worth to check it out.

I am almost done tapering off valium. Yes, Clonazepam is a benzo. These drugs cause the exact symptoms of Fibromyalgia. I thought I was going crazy & the doctors thought I was a nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back