Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
My family is in denial about fibro, I can't share my situation anymore. :(

That's frustrating! I know what you mean. Just because it doesn't show and we have good days, people forget that we have Fibro. I had my husband read a website on Fibro and he was really understanding but at times, he seems to forget. He starts a home project and ask me to clean after him like before when I was in less pain. I have to remind him from time to time.

If you can, print description of Fibro and make your family read it and tell them that if they see you ok one day, it doesn't mean you are pain free, it means that it's tolerable that day but the next day might be the opposite.

I hope you can find some support. This is so important.

Good luck.

We are the ones who should get to do the denial...others who do not have this disease.. Have no idea what we are talking about..

They cannot see or feel our pain and fatigue..so we should just be able to push harder and be normal... Hmmm sign me up..

That is extremely frustrating and I completely understand. It is so difficult when you feel you cannot share your feelings anymore. I have had that with my family as well, It gets to a point where I feel like a burden. Or times when my husband says "it seems like your having a really good day", when in reality I feel horrible and am just trying to hide it as I don't want to always be negative about how I actually feel. Just because our pain is invisible doesn't mean it is not VERY real for us.

I know how difficult this is, and hope you know I am here for support and you can message me anytime you need to chat.

Lyndsey xo

Ok ask each family member if they have ever had a headache. Wait till they say yes loads.then say prove it.u see there's no test in the world can prove u have a bad head .but we all believe someone when they say they have one don't we.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back