anyone else on a low dose of oxycodone for pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndsey

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
Hi guys,

I have been on a low dose of oxycodone for pain. This is the first drug that has actually given me any form of relief. I feel like it is a god send. I was super apprehensive about taking it due to dependency and stuff. But after much consideration I finally took the chance and started it. Thank god I did because it really does help.

So the reason I am writing is to find out if anyone else is on it. My pain doctor switched me to oxy from percocet so that there is less risk and damage to the liver. I find that I have had to slightly increase my dose than what I was originally taking. So now I am taking a total of about 40 to 45 mg per day (Usually I take it once in the afternoon and then again in the evening about 6 hours later) . I can't believe I am having to rely on this for any quality of life but I will take it if it works.

Does anyone know will the doctor understand that I have needed to slightly increase the dose? I worry about that part of it. I try to take it as conservatively as possible. I usually suffer as long as possible before taking it. Anyways, I just worry cause I don't want the doctor to not prescribe it to me anymore if I have had to slightly increase my dose. Am I just being anxious and paranoid for no reason?

I guess because I have finally found something that works, it would be devastating to imagine not having the option for any relief. In the last year I have tried so many different prescribed drugs for pain management.

Hope everyone is having a good day today. Thoughts and prayers out to you all.

Lyndsey

Lyndsey, hello again.

i take it the doctor said one pill a day in the am or pm?

if you are taking it by one more pill a day, you will be short doses and have none for some days.

i would document what is happening on the one pill. like it wasnt lasting very long, it was just dulling the pain,
reduced my pain level to a level? and it's working.

call the doctor and tell him what you documented. say its working.
tell him you are going to try one more pill at night or in the am to see if it helps.
you will call him back to let him know how it's working and your pain level.

Dont say you already did it.

Then document what the difference is with the added pill.
Call the doctor back and tell him what you documented. say it is working and has reduced my pain levels to ?.
say im very happy with the pill and it's results.

it's not unusual for the doctor to increase to one in am and one in pm.

your in control and your not over doing it on the med.

you go girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back