Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2005
Country
CA
State
AB
My life has come down to managing pain. That is what I do- don't walk too much or my ankle hurts, don't sit too much-my hip will hurt. Right now I have a flare up with my right ankle that is so painful I am literally crying at my desk at work. I have to go to the bathroom, but I just can't stand the pain when I walk on it. They say it is arthritis, but if feels like so much more! I know, the fibro can make the pain worse than what it really is- what ever! I am ready to have them cut it off! Seriously if they can't do anything for it, I want it off! that is how severe my pain it. I just take it any longer. I can't. My whole life is based around not setting off my right ankle! And when it gets set off, I am in pain for weeks! I try not to limp or it sets off the arthritis in my left hip! The emotional stress sets of the fibro which creates more pain for me in other area's as well as the arthritic joints. I am so tired of being in pain. Week after week it just seems like it is something. The majority of the time is the right ankle and I am seriously considering having it cut off! it can't be worse than what I am dealing with now. :-?

Nothing I can say will ease your pain, but cutting off a limb is not the answer sweetie, for one no one will do it , and to your pain might move in a few months to your arm or your neck. Fibro can and will move about.and we don't want u cutting off your head now do we.
I wish I had a magic wand to help u I don't,
How supportive is your Dr ,can u tell him what u told us?. If not can u do so,sometimes they need to hear you talk like this to do something to help.
Clearly whatever your on is just not working . Sending gentle hugs your way.

The issue with my ankle is I have severe arthritis in it. One little wrong turn and I am in major pain. The the fibro makes it way worse. And then yes, the fibro moves to other area's because I am stressed. I limp and that causes pain in my left hip. Then it moved into the back muscles etc. And all of this extra stuff is because of the ankle. I can walk more than about 3km or my ankle starts up. I can only ride my bike for about 30 min or the ankle starts up. It is all because of the ankle I have. So, I really do mean I want it off! I will take my chances with stub pain than this. And yes I am seeing my doctor again today. Even she has said there isn't much they can do because of the arthritis. I wear an ankle brace all the time. If I don' t have it on, I can maybe take up to 5 steps before the excruciating pain starts up.

Shub pain can be as painful I'm told. Have u though of getting a mobility scooter to help u get out and about.i can't see the Dr cutting of your foot somehow.but I'm not your Dr and I'm sure he will do the best for u. I can only imagine how crappie it is for u.it like any pain isn't it ,if u do t suffer with it u really don't understand I really do hope u get some help soon x

so sorry to hear how bad tour doing. you can also try focus and meditation i can give you weblinks or walk you throught it.

basically whats the best memory place etc you have been or had picture and focus on it and keep intensely focusing on it

let your mind drift u can aslo use music quit rooms. also try focusing on different body parts feel it going numb repeat it

until it happens and go until relaxed it takes a while but i use on my wife when she cant sleep shes out cold and gets great sleep.

good luck hope things get better

There was a TV programme about these sprays and bio freeze.

Guess what they do? They do nothing!

All they do is make the top of the skin cold. They do not go in to the muscle at all. This guy had needles in his leg muscles and the tested all these hot and cold sprays and rubs.

And not one of them got anywhere near a muscle.

Just goes to show the power of mind.

thats tv i dont believe tv.

my shoulder is degenerated down to the muscles it throws me to the floor screaming so loud i had cops called.

thought someone was being beat lmao for me its a mirical it works on that better than muscle relaxers and deep

try scrubbing that crap off before a couple hours to a day it goes deep but that my opinion and experiences.

not try to debat just had great luck with bio and bengay but everyone body is different an reacts different to things take care

I have to be pretty careful with those kinds of products (menthol, capsaicin, etc). If I overuse them my skin feels like it is on fire.

i know the feeling my wife got me a spray for when shes not around.

and somethings different? i use it and all day its cold hot hurts.

of those being out and i also put up with it because its otc and not narc, im not aganst narc but i try to save and store mine up

for the really out of hand times.

i go down the chain but i dont try otc pain killers there a joke whole bottle burp still same pain! lmao no i have never taken a whole bottle

just a example. i have found forums and friends the simplest things in life can cause the most pain to people like me epson is so great!

but allot on hear sets them on fire. its not even known or well known yet hell my adhd half my others are dark ages like my back knees

and shoulder what kind of answer is ongoing degeneration of unknown origin for all those and more joints? thats duh beats the hell out of

me but im not saying i dont know lmao doctors! i quit trying and testing because they ran out of answers and just give excuses sorry off

subject and rambling dam oldtimers put me back in my home.

Well it was a good TV programme .all about getting ripped off. Remember we're talking about ppl who have a sports injury .or a some such thing.not what u have grouchy.so behave or the muzzles will have to go back on lol:mad:u and runs

trips forgetmenot.. get her brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back