DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Hi all,

As most of you know my hearing before the ALJ is in the morning. I am super excited because I am so ready to get it behind me. The only thing that is troubling me is what I had mentioned in another post about my attorney. He never called my witness, he was supposed to call me every week since we received notice of the hearing which he didn't, he hasn't answered the last 3 emails I sent, he never returned the 2 calls that I made and he said he would call me today to go over any last minute details which he did not do.

Not sure what, if any recourse I would have if he doesn't show up. I probably wouldn't do this but I told my husband we should sue him but I haven't paid him anything so I am not out anything. I do remember signing something at our first meeting (April 2015) stating that I would pay him for miscellenous expenses he might incur on my behalf. If he sends me a bill I want an itemized bill stating exactly what he did and then I plan to contact the people he said he got records from to make sure he really got them.

I guess if he doesn't show the judge will probably dismiss my case or let me try to present my case by myself.

Hmmm, something just occured to me. My whole name was listed on here for awhile. Perhaps he had a way of accessing this site and has seen the posts I have put on here about him. Pretty far fetched but hey anybody can get on this site.

Either way I feel pretty good about tomorrow.

Off to take a shower than hit the sack.

Wish me luck!

Good Luck Krista I will be thinking about you. Let us know how it went. You sound in a good place...remember those words about future employment if you are asked .......repeatedly , reliably and safely ......i know in UK cases of assessing ability to do any work these words are key.

Hi Krista,

Have faith in the SSD process, your laywer, and yourself. You've come a long way. Good luck and positive thoughts tomorrow! :)

Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement. I hope all goes well and I don't faint or throw up. I tend to get really nervous in situations where I have to get up in front of people. When I was in high school I passed out 3 times trying to give an oral report. After that my teachers let me to a written report. But I am feeling confident this morning, not necessarily because I think I am going to win but because it will be over. I doubt I will even get an answer today. The judge usually reviews it after the hearing, renders his decision and passes it on to Social Security. So I will probably get a letter in a couple of weeks telling me what his decision was.

How did it go .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back