Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
Hello everyone. Maybe I should post in the newbie forum, but I'm not one to talk about myself, really.

I've just been diagnosed and have one really pressing question:

Can pain show up just...anywhere? :sad: I ask because I keep getting unexplainable random areas of pain. Usually they go away in a couple of days or so. However, this new area is causing me quite a bit of discomfort. it's found on the bone immediately above the solar plexus all the way up half way along the trachea bone and it trails along on the bones directly under my breasts to about midway. It's been about 24 hours, now, since the pain has started. It's mostly centralized on the bone right above my solar plexus and on the bones under my breasts though. It's making me feel quite ill to my stomach this pain. Is there anything that might help? It's making breathing somewhat difficult. I have asthma but this is totally not asthmatic pain or issue. I am fully aware that there is no cure...just something that can help :/ I wish they'd figure something out for all of us :/

welcome to the forum.
Yes pain can move around all the time.you can go to bed with a really bad neck and wake up with no neck pain but a bad foot. It's random.
Sometimes you will get a long term problem.mine is my back and legs. Your Dr should Give you some pain killers or meds to help block the nerves .
I use tramadol .i can have pain in my back for weeks then it's gone and I can't use my hands .it drives u nuts not knowing what will hurt when.

Hello Foalan, good to meet you!

I agree with Forgetmenots good advice.

In aaddition I suggest you read the post about keeping a logbook from Cmetryme. Keeping a written record is a good pathway to understanding your symptoms. It will also help you and your doctor evaluate whether a treatment is working for you.

I've found sometimes little things can have a big effect. For example if I sleep with a pillow that is too thick I get terrible neck pains. These days I usually skip using a pillow at all. A logbook can help you find the patterns such as they are.

I hope you find relief soon :)

It seems like things that used to cause minor pain (now I know it was minor!) now cause much more pain. Example high heals. Cringe! I used to wear them every day but now can't tolerate even a few minutes to get out of the house. Maybe it is something minor like a pillow, or a chair without good support that is stirring things up and your body never really calms down from this initiator. Just a new theory I have.

It sounds like a good theory to me! I find it takes 2 to 3 days for my neck to recover from sleeping wrong.

When I do centering /relaxation exercises I become very aware of how my body is out of alignment and correct it. Going through that process when I am in different situations (driving, sitting at my desk, walking, etc) has helped me identify and correct some of the little things that cause me pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back