Not open for further replies.

csmith225

Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
FL
I'm suppose to start warm water therapy group on M,W, & F. I decided to go out and try the pool yesterday. The water felt so good and weightless. I swim a little and relax entirely. Got in the steam room then sauna for 5 minutes. Felt great for hummm an hour or so.

Slowly but surely, I started to get these electric shocks and pains in my buttocks. Then the lower back kicked in worst , because it never really goes away. It just ease up then unbearable pain. Well I decided to relax the rest of the day. I woke up this morning around 3am, OMG! The pain, I just couldn't take it, I didn't know what to do, so I grab my heating pad, sat up in bed, using pillows, and put some underneath my knees, that helped a little but I am still having the flare.

What am I to do 3 days a week?:roll:

I am sorry you woke up in so much pain. Sometimes I have found that certain therapies and such for pain, actually cause more pain at first. I know this doesn't sound good. However, I have then found that some things, in time will actually make the pain better once you get over the initial trouble. Hopefully this will be the case with your water therapy.

Thanks kmpisces, the pain is better in the sense of the shooting pains. Apparently I didn't know what I was doing initially (jumping into a pool) without stretching and warming up the muscles etc...

But now with the instructor teaching me, what a relief. Now all I have to do is try to "REMEMBER" all of the exercises so I can do them on the off days lol!:)

Oh no! I was so happy for you becasue I recently tried it, too. For me, it was awesome and i am hedging

Thanks kmpisces, the pain is better in the sense of the shooting pains. Apparently I didn't know what I was doing initially (jumping into a pool) without stretching and warming up the muscles etc...

But now with the instructor teaching me, what a relief. Now all I have to do is try to "REMEMBER" all of the exercises so I can do them on the off days lol!:)

I do like the water gentle exercises, but I sure will be glad when the excessive pain calms down so I can enjoy it better:)

I'm glad you found out why you were having all that pain after trying the warm water therapy, something similar happened to me! I had to learn about the warming up part the hard way, just like you did! I'm glad it worked out for you in the end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back