Not open for further replies.

cheffy

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
pa
My pcp was out on vaca, so I had to see his associate, she is now sending me to the pain clinic. She thinks I am to young to be on in her words " such a high dose if Soma" it it 250 mgs 2 xs a day along with 7.5 vicodin 2xs a day. This is what works for me. This is after years of trying everything. Never had an increase since I started taking them, I am so frustrated, I wil have ro start all ovet, after 8 years.

Sorry to hear that :( I know what it feels like; having to deal with doctors that think they know everything. I've had a lot nasty experiences with a lot doctors in the last 3 years, who think they're some sort of G-d who knows it all and sees everything. I just hate people like that! Specially those doctors who tell you they're not sure what your prognosis will be, and then act like you're over reacting!

Personally, I would appreciate a chance to go to the pain clinic because mine is not under control. I understand why you don't want to rock the boat---why tamper with success? Do you have to go?

I actually cried in front of one of the rheumos I saw awhile back. Talk about over reacting---that guy didn't bat an eye or didn't even say you'll be ok! Really tough because I am a person who never cries, esp in front of strangers! Picked the wrong guy to let it out with!
This is the same Dr. who never told me, in addition to sjogrens, I have spinal stenosis---what? You have pain? Now the new rheumo has me going to the spine clinic---maybe an injection would help!

I am sorry you have to be frustrated. Who knows though, maybe something good will come of it? The pain clinic is helpful to some people from what I have heard. My insurance does not cover a lot of pain clinics and so this is not something I have been able to try. In that sense I cannot talk from person experience.

I would not be going to that clinic! If you have found what works for you, I think you should refuse to go. I would wait til your PCP gets back and talk to him about it first.

Hold on, wait a minute! Why would an associate, who's seeing you b/c your regular doc is on vacation, decide he can change what you're on?! This is not right! I'd tell this associate that you won't be making any changes without discussing it with your regular doctor.

Good luck.

How long is your PCP on vacation? It seems very weird to me that he can just take over your care that way without consulting your PCP. You know what is best for you and your body.

This sounds very frustrating to me. I'm so sorry that you have found something that is working for you and then someone is trying to change it.

Personally, I would appreciate a chance to go to the pain clinic because mine is not under control. I understand why you don't want to rock the boat---why tamper with success? Do you have to go?

I do have to go, but the weird thing i, if I get the same precriptions from the pain clinic, she told me to come back and she would treat me. WHY mess up what is working, whe n all she is doing is filling on for a while.

I don't know, it was a sudden thing, she is very young, and interned with a rheumy, so she wants me to see one again. Go figure

Thanks for your response and support, its hard for other ppl to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back