Status
Not open for further replies.

HelpInAZ

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
NA
State
I was in an auto accident several years ago that has sent my body into a downward spiral and has left left me unable to work. I have a company handling my disability claim, but the whole process is very time consuming and financially draining.

I am just trying to get by one day at a time, trying to figure out how other people have managed to take care of basic necessities when alone.

I am so sorry that the process is taking awhile for you. It seems like most people I knew got denied the first time, and then after the proceedings of applying again, they finally became accepted. I really hope the process speeds up for you, and that you get the benefits that you deserve!

HelpinAZ,
Often it takes a very long time to get SSD, because the government has limited the amount of case workers and judges, that make the final decisions. The best thing you can do is keep appealing and keep filling out the paperwork. It took me about 7 years from begining to the end when I got it.

But of course that was not your question, was it? You wanted to know how to survive until the proper decision comes through. That my friend is hard, but can be done. I had friends and family that helped me keep bills paid and food on my table. I did crafts to earn extra cash to buy things I needed. I made jewelry and sewed lap robes, made baked goods to sell and babysat once in a long while. I attended local craft shows and flea markets to sell my wares.
You can also read Day 7, of my blog on site to get other ideas on part time little jobs to help you manage.

If you are homebound it is easy to write on blogs to earn money. Think of things you know how to do or know alot about, then find a site that pays you to write about different topic's. It is easy and fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back