Status
Not open for further replies.
That really stinks that you don't have the kind of support net that many people have. However, with that said, I do think that you should go through with what the doctor has set in motion. You will never really get the answers that you so desperately need if you don't do it. At least you do have a doctor that is willing to listen to your concerns and help to get you on the path to recovery.

Oh you should totally continue with the doctors plan. A lot of guys get very scared and don't want to own up to being wrong.

My first husband was a total jerk about my illness. I went from being a competitive athlete, to a mess in a year. He didn't get it, he didn't care to. I've remarried since, and can honestly say that there are men out there that will treat you kindly, and love you despite it all.

Husbands! I was under the opinion that most of them were ***** ,well the one I have certainly is.
I think although you are really feeling "down" please do continue to visit your doctor. Actually really "pester" your GP until you have the correct treatment.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I don't know you or your husband but I think you should both sit down and have a discussion about your conditions. Maybe it's just a communication issue.

l3itch,
It is hard having the type of illness that we do. People cant see it so they assume its all in our heads. But it isnt. If they dont feel the pain then they have no idead what its like. You do have a support system. It this wonderful support group/forum. Before I found this forum a week or so ago, I felt all alone. This place has given me hope. Hope that I desperatly need. I have family who doesnt get it, who make fun of me. I know in my heart tho, that I am stronger then them. That if they had to deal with what I had to on a daily basis, that they couldnt handle it.

And do not be upset with your emotions. I am a big guy who never really cried before. My fibro changed that. Now I cant see a touching tv commercial without crying. I am crying writing this because I want you to know you have support!

I was going through this with my now ex fiance, he called me lazy and accused me of taking too many pills, and I had just had enough. I have had 5 surgeries in 14 months to "help" areas with chronic pain as well as endless shots, nerve blocks, and radio frequency to most of my body. So I left him and I am better off without him but now I fear I will be alone forever. .I dont think anyone can understand or sympathize with this disease. I am a nurse, or I was, before this became disabling, and I didnt understand it until I got it. Its the saddest most lonely condition with excruciating pain. Most days I dont move off the couch. I am too young to be like this confined. Who out there is single? And have you just accepted the fact you wont meet somone? I have no quality of life.

It is pretty discouraging when your own husband does not believe you when you describe the aches and pains you have. I know firsthand how you feel, I3itch. Really I do. See, I have a lot of aches and pains daily. I get to complaining about them, telling my beloved family how I feel, and they go mute on me. I know that I complain a lot, but it's not because I want attention. It's because I really do have these aches and pains. Yet, no one wants to hear about your problems all the time. So I just suffer in silence. When they notice that I'm quiet and not my normal self, that is when they want to know what's wrong. I think you should have your husband to look up Fibromyalgia and maybe read over some of the others members lists of symptoms that way he can see for himself how this illness affects each and everyone differently. Just know that you can come on this forum and share with us, and we will understand you and try to be the support you need.

I know exactly how you feel. I've been dealing with chronic pain for almost twenty years, been married almost twenty-two years, and have had the same argument with my husband about hypochondria. It makes me want to slug him - hard. I have been to every doctor, except a rheumatologist, interestingly enough, and finally getting an appt. with one. I get to a point where I just don't say anything, because his reaction is always, "Are we going down that road again?" Heck yes, until I get some answers bub!

It's hard to understand chronic pain unless you've been through it. He did the same thing when I had horrible anxiety, until he started with it and profusely apologized for his behavior. Every new thing I try just gets a big sigh from him. But, don't let that sway you. It's your body you're living in and battling with, and nothing should deter you from getting the help you need and deserve. I'm sure we are not the only ones who have loved ones that are butts sometimes when it comes to empathy.

My first husband was a total jerk about my illness. I went from being a competitive athlete, to a mess in a year. He didn't get it, he didn't care to. I've remarried since, and can honestly say that there are men out there that will treat you kindly, and love you despite it all.

So sorry to hear you had to go thru that, my boyfriend doesn't seem to care about my health issues either, and if he does it he has a veeeery weird way to show it, lol. I honestly how things change when we get married, but who am I kidding? If he doesn't seem to care now... what will make him care then?

I am so sorry that you are not getting the support that you deserve. I just wanted to ask about the pain killers. I understand that you do not want to take the antidepressants, but you are better than me. Why do you not want to take the pain relievers?

Your health comes first over everything else even when people don't understand it is your responsible to find out what is wrong. You should definitely continue going to the doctor. My husband was slightly supportive but I could tell he didn't believe me. It wasn't until one day we was shopping for groceries and I was in a lot of pain but didn't say anything. You know how we are when people don't believe us, we can't go to them for comfort so we hide the pain. Well, I kept hiding the pain and continued shopping. All of a sudden the worse pain of my life shot though my back and all I could do was cry. I was in so much pain I couldn't move a muscle I couldn't even walk out the store. My husband was shock and confuse, he hurried up and grab a motorized scooter. I was hurting so bad, he had to push the button to make it work all the way to the car. Once we got home I couldn't even walk in the house I laid across the hood cry in agony. My husband stood beside me holding me up for fifteen minutes. When we got in the house he sat in front of me and apologize for not fully believing me. He said it hurt him so much see me like that and he would support me one hundred percent. That was in 2009 since then he has kept his promise. I'm telling you this story to let you know that sometimes people have a hard time relating to you issue because, of the brave face we as Fibromyalgia sufferers put on. Therefore, it takes them a while to fully come around and understand what we are going though. Be patient and talk to your husband about how you feel and the support you need. It may take a while but he will come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back