Status
Not open for further replies.
Its clear bullying...and any severe emotional stress has a major impact on our bodies. Sounds like you had such a horrid time Cheryl Ann for doing such a worthwhile job.

I am not sure if HRT would help me because i have no idea why my fibro is so much worse. Menopause can cause achy joints and general malaise and osteoartheritis but would it make a big difference to take HRT.....would be great if i was suddenly rejuvenated to being 35 but hey ho that's not going to happen!

My mum has had breast cancer twice so I doubt they would recommend it for me anyway.

willow,
I've been taking estrogen for 2 years and I can take it for 3 more years. I understand your hesitancy. I have no idea if it helps the Fibro but it was keeping my hot flashes at bay. Every once in awhile, esp. if I am hurrying around, I begin to get flushed and just sweat more than I'd like to admit. Either its time to up the dosage or there is something else going on. Don'tcha just love all the doctors you "get" to see.

Amen on the tumeric. COSTCO. IT WORKS FOR ME AND IS SAFER THAN IBEPROFIN. BUT LIKE USUAL CHECK WITH YOUR DR. 1ST. OR PHARMACEST.

sorry for that outburst...

Cheryl Ann that is a lot of auto immune illnesses....i cant imagine how much time and testing you must have gone through to diagnose all of those. How do you ever know which is causing what pain as they all cause pain!

I think it would take forever or just not happen that anyone would get that level of expertise focused on one individual patient and most likely only one or two diseases/syndromes would be diagnosed.

What is myositis as opposed to fibro and anthralgia? I will google!
The OA and the FM were diagnosed by my doctor. The others were self-diagnoses. Bad thing to do I know but I need to know. All of those auto immune diseases are also symptoms of FM.

Last edited:
Darn! Memory Issues. .. I just looked at the list I made and I actually have been diagnosed with all of them except for the 5 that are like fibro symptoms. Those 5 sounded just like what I was experiencing with FM so I figured they were part of Fibromyalgia.

Oh, I guess I was not diagnosed with FM or OA either. Not sure why they were treating me for it. I was told this past week that I was diagnosed with Chronic Pain Syndrome and Inflammatory Arthritis. I think it was Willow who commented that Fibro and CPS had a lot of the same symptoms. I'll have to look it up, at the risk of self-diagnosis. lol :/ What would cause flare-ups of skin issues? Like weird, hard, quarter-sized bumps on my arm near my elbow. Inverse Psoriasis, Dishydrotic Eczema, weird rashes, hematomas, photosensitivity, and angioedema (hives under the skin). Are skin issues a symptom of Fibromyalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back