Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
Maryland
Anyone else like me just so frustrated with doctors? I am so tired of dealing with them:x

Ditto! Sometimes it's not the Dr who's frustrating, but the office staff!

Anyone else like me just so frustrated with doctors? I am so tired of dealing with them:x

Do you mean you're frustrated with having to see them so often, or so many of them... or specifically because they don't understand fibro?

More and more of them are coming up to speed with it now... and if yours isn't, maybe someone younger would have more info to help. I only say that because I know it's part of med school studies now when it wasn't in the past and many of the older docs (like over 40 probably) aren't caught up.

I second you! I'm so tired of those doctors they can all go to themselves! LOL. SERIOUSLY! I actually feel your pain, some doctors are plain useless, others blame anything you could be suffering from on stress, others won't even look at you... other will look at you like you are crazy and the worst ones of the bunch: the ones that are incredibly insensitive, cruel and mean to you. Yep, I've been to so many doctors in the past I really know the different kinds of doctors out there. Some of them really seemed to hate people and patients in general, it made me wonder why the heck they chose becoming a doctor. The cash?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one of the worst things I've had to deal with. It's hard to find a doctor for fibro and if you switch doctors all the time trying to find a better one it looks like your doctor "shopping" then they just think you want drugs. I'm so sick of it.

I wish there was someone who specialized in fibro in my area. My GP diagnosed me and gives me meds. My rheumy looks at me like I'm nuts and he's the only one in a 50 miles radius, but yesterday told me he concurs with GP that I have fibro, but sent me for x-rays and blood work to rule out a couple other things. He specializes in arthritis, so I don't feel he knows the gritty details of Celiac and Fibro like I have. He told me meds "shrugged his shoulders" won't work, really, but I could try different things and to eat good, sleep good, and do cardio every day. Well, I'm already gluten free and eat pretty well. Sleep good? Never my whole life. Cardio - I would die. I walk around the block and get stuck on the couch for 3 days, but I go go go as much as I can when I'm feeling well, but it's all walking my dog. I just wish I had someone on top of the latest around.

Its like we are lab rats. And that these doctors dont know what they are doing. I just scheduled an appointment with a new doctor. Heres hoping I dont have to explain to him what fibromyalgia is.

It's one of the worst things I've had to deal with. It's hard to find a doctor for fibro and if you switch doctors all the time trying to find a better one it looks like your doctor "shopping" then they just think you want drugs. I'm so sick of it.

Gosh, same here! It seems way harder to find a good doctor than finding your soul mate, for reals! Not only for fibro, but for other things... it seems most neurologists can only order CT scans! I'm pretty sure I have sinusitis, but a doctor just today claimed this darn pain was muscular! Are you kidding me? Caridoxen isn't working at all! I know what a muscular pain is like! This isn't it. Just some days ago a doctor said my pain was caused by tension, right.

Has anyone had a better experience with a younger Doctor? Kind of what mariposa was saying that some younger doctors know more about fibro then younger doctors.

Has anyone had a better experience with a younger Doctor? Kind of what mariposa was saying that some younger doctors know more about fibro then younger doctors.

I *prefer* more experienced doctors for whatever it is I'm seeing them for... and I'd choose a more mature doc every time.

*But* my answer was about fibro specifically... the younger docs have taken their training and residencies knowing this exists and the old-school didn't have it in med school so it's hit and miss whether or not they took the initiative to research what it is and what to do about it.

I *prefer* more experienced doctors for whatever it is I'm seeing them for... and I'd choose a more mature doc every time. *But* my answer was about fibro specifically... QUOTE]

I understood what you meant. I always prefered a more experienced doctor. Now with fibro it seems the younger doctors are more experienced then the older.

Well, older doctors are (sorry if I sound way too redundant guys!) old-school, while younger doctors seem to be more open about fibro. Actually I've met very few older doctors who actually acknowledge the existence of fibro. One of them was a really nice female doctor who went straight to testing my trigger points the very first time I saw her! Yup, she was wonderful. Back then I had no idea what fibro was or what the trigger point test was for. So, I didn't have to suggest her if it could be that or anything.

My doctor told me what it was, sent me out to have it diagnosed by a rheumatologist, then told me I just have to deal with it because all the meds have worse side effects. She won't try anything because the government has got her scared to help people. She will only give what is fda approved for fibro. Anything else is off label treatment and the government is cracking down on that. It's like they don't want us to get better. What's the point of having a life when you're in so much pain every second of it is miserable? Not one of the FDA drugs makes me feel any better. And if everybody is different why do we expect the 3 or 4 FDA approved drugs to be able to treat all of us? It's messed up that's all I know.

You are so right... most doctors seem so scared to protect their own *ss nowadays they won't do much to help people in pain. *sigh* So sorry to hear you are in a lot pain! Sadly in some countries they have it better in terms of doctors and treatment for fibro... living with chronic pain is awful. There is nothing like feeling ok and pain free.

It seems they aren't doing much in terms of research, if they were maybe they'd have more options. To be honest with you I've been trying to stay away from pain meds out of fear to the side effects, but lately I've thinking about what you said: ''What's the point of having a life when you're in so much pain every second of it is miserable?''. Yeah, just yesterday I was thinking about that! Shame on the FDA and all those doctors who don't do more to help us feel better.

I take zero prescription pain meds. My doctor refuses to give me anything really. If someone is in so much pain that death seems like the only relief available, what's the point in having the pain meds in the first place? Who gets them? People in car accidents be cause of the pain? I have a chronic pain syndrome that doesn't stop. Doesn't seem right. I'm not a drug seeker nor do I want to get addicted, but where do you draw the line? I'm ready to be put into a coma until they find something that helps. I don't want to die but the body can only endure so much pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back