Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
BC
When I sit for a MINUTE OR TWO it feels like my nerves get compressed and the sensation in my buttocks and legs changes. I get the same feeling in my shoulder blades when I try to lie on my sides. This started several months ago. The neurologist checked me out but I haven't had a recent MRI yet. He thinks it's probably fibromyalgia. How common are my particular symptoms in fibromyalgia, and what is the best source of information/explanation of my symptoms? I haven't found any info. about my particular symptoms.

This is a common feeling for me, whatever you lay on gets a variety of sensations pins and needles numb feelings but with pain too if that makes sense...and the longer in the same position the stronger each of these sensations gets....like it builds and builds so you shift around trying to relieve how it feels just for it to start up on the new bits your putting weight through.

Hope that makes sense to you and helps.

Do you have pain as just change in sensation. If just changes in sensation it may not be fibromyalgia.

Keep googling fibro as there are lots of places with all possible symptoms of fibro just keep researching.

Erin, I'm glad you brought this particular symptom up as I experience the same thing but haven't had a chance to research it -- too many other fires to put out first. The sensation I feel in my legs and buttocks when sitting isn't painful but it feels like either nerves are being compressed or circulation is being cut off. The sensation is a mild tingling or buzzing. Changing my leg position or trying to adjust my posture doesn't help at all; but distraction sometimes works. Before being diagnosed with FM, I was worried that I might have MS or some other nerve disorder, but an MRI at least ruled out the MS. I don't have an explanation for you, but thought you might take some comfort in knowing that others with FM experience something similar. If you do find an explanation, would you please share it? Hope you all have a restful Sunday.

I have a lot of pain in my legs and buttocks when I sit down. It's been my main "area" of pain for about 7 months. Before that it was pelvic pain, which was..indescribable. Fibromyalgia can affect literally any part of the body. My pain moves around from place to place, although once it's there, it's there for a while. From what I hear, not a TON of people have the buttock pain, but a lot do and I certainly do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back