Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
US
State
FL
I've had some bad days recently, including today. Hard to get to sleep, hard to stay asleep, and the constant pain when I wake up. I have such intense pain in my neck and shoulders that I have to be careful how I move my head. Does anybody else have that issue? I've been taking it one day at a time, but sometimes..... I've been a little on the down side. I didn't even get off the couch today. Thanks for letting me vent.

Awww darling it's so not nice. I tend to just get stiff all over ,I can't stay still for long at all.it all just sucks. Chin up your not alone x

Thank you Forgetmenot. It does help knowing I'm not alone. :)

I have these same issues Patti. It can be depressing when you hurt and make you feel like doing nothing. The exhaustion makes me feel down too.

I am experiencing some similar pain. Every morning I wake up feeling like I have ripped something in my right shoulder blade. It hurts a LOT to turn my head right or drop my chin down. This has been happening for about 2 weeks. The last couple of days have been a bit better - by mid morning it seems to resolve. This morning it is on fire again. There have been a few of days it lasted all day long. The pain travels up my neck or across the top of my shoulder sometimes. I think moving around, moving my arms, going for a walk helps...but it hurts so much!

What bugs me about all this is that nothing seems to work - tylenol or ibuprogen does nothing. Heat helps, stretching helps....but hurts too.

I feel every word of what you are saying. Some days I just can't get out of bed be it due to depression or pain. I am taking depression medication and some days it seems to work fine and other days I feel as if I am in the depths of despair. My husband is constantly worrying about my mental state as I have a history of mental illness in my family. I feel as if I am just plugging along with no end in sight. I would like to find a support group in my area but so far I haven't had any luck finding one. So I do like everyone else, try to keep my chin up and not let my problems show on the outside.

First, thank you for your responses. My Dr. gave me some exercises for my neck and shoulder. I found that it helps me to put heat on the area first and then do the movements. I actually made myself a scented rice pillow. I heat that up and it seems to help more than the electric version. My Dr told me that I have Bursitis in the shoulder and hip (right side for both). I also am very thankful for my husband. He has been a rock for me in so many ways. The strange thing about it is, he was diagnosed almost 4 years ago with Chronic Pancreatitis. In a strange way we understand each other very well.
I'm glad I found this place. It helps to know you aren't alone :)

P.S. I too put a smile on my face for everyone to see. :)

Hi Adam. On my really bad days/weeks, yes you can feel like your a burden. It is really hard to go from being on the go to I will do this today, maybe.
I miss my old self, but I'm learning to be a better person as I am. Everyday is an uphill battle with myself. Some days I win, some days not so much. That's why I'm grateful to have my husband. Everyone should have a partner like this, but I know some people can't handle how life has changed.

Love and light

Having a spouse that loves you helps.

your not alone and venting always helps everyone here. keep on keeping on!

I've had some bad days recently, including today. Hard to get to sleep, hard to stay asleep, and the constant pain when I wake up. I have such intense pain in my neck and shoulders that I have to be careful how I move my head. Does anybody else have that issue? I've been taking it one day at a time, but sometimes..... I've been a little on the down side. I didn't even get off the couch today. Thanks for letting me vent.
I I'M sorry Deb,
I can honestly say I know exactly how you feel. It's VERY painful. Get to a massage therapy appointment, be sure and tell her you have fibro symptoms, this way she will know how your feeling.
Go to your local pharmacy, ask for topical.
Try a physical therapist. Keep the rolling freeze next to you bed for those bad days. I went through a real battle at one time. It's scary I know, but hang in ok?
My Sis bought me a neck massager that also had the option of heat. Life savor.She got it at bed bath and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back