Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2005
Country
US
State
TX
For the past several years, my Fibromyalgia has been somewhat stable, with everyday symptoms that I've learned to cope with, and about 2 flares per year. Once I fall into a pattern, I find it easier to manage life, my pain, and my other symptoms, because although the symptoms are miserable, they somewhat follow a pattern.

Right now, I'm in a flare with not only my Fibromyalgia, but also my other symptoms such as my IBS, my Migraines, and on top of it all, or should I say underneath it all, and worst of all, my back and neck pain. When my back and neck pain are flaring, it seems as if I've got a heavy Winter coat thrown on top of a slender bamboo coat rack, and the coat rack (my body) is not holding up well under the heavy burden.

I have a few pills left over from my recent oral surgery, and I'm trying to make it through this period using those very sparingly, along with my usual over the counter medications and lots of rest, heat, ice, and stretching. It's always difficult to see beyond the current situation, so I'm thankful I have this place to come and post, so I can get a bit of stress out.

Hi. I found myself in agreement with a lot of what you said. I don't really qualify my episodes as flares, usually, because it's daily with me, just in different parts of my body. But I, too, have the 'heavy coat' feeling (not that my frame is slender, but still!). My neck buzzes, and aches, and the small of my back aches, and it's hard to sit or lay in a comfortable position. Needless to say, this affects my moods. I, too, have IBS (and this week has been tough with that), and migraines (though they're not earth shattering). I also have endometriosis, and am in peri-menopause. This whole week could go in the 'crapper,' as far as I'm concerned. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know you were heard.

Uhg! I'm sorry your in a bad flair. Like AmyM said I can relate to most of what you said. My coat rack feels like it is made of paper sometimes.
Lucky you have some meds. Left over from surgery to help you through. Fingers are crossed for you that they out last the flair.

I hate it when I read fibro doesn't get worse. It's so unpredictable, that in itself makes it worse.

Take it as a sign to slow down and rest.

Oh yes your so right. When your pain is at breaking point. You can't see better days.hold on in there darling ,it will end xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back