Status
Not open for further replies.
nikilee,
Thanks for the information you provided. A few times I had bloodwork that showed the CPK was up slightly but the doctor who ordered the test dismissed it as nothing. You get to a point where you learn to manage the symptoms and the heck with the cause. If I have what you have, maybe the next time I have a bad flare my new doctor will take notice and do more testing.

Right now I am holding my own and trying hard to not overdo, which is hard to manage when caring for a loved one. I feel run ragged most of the time. I am now very close to having a flare and I dread it, for the weakness and fatigue that slows life to a crawl. Could you send me a private message about where I could get more information on this dermatomyositis? :)

I have experienced that freezing in place symptom. Usually I would be walking along and suddenly get a pain in my back and stop walking.
Then when I moved to walk I found I could not move. The pain would come back stronger if I attempted to walk. So I would have to stand in one place and wait a few minutes until able to move again.

The weird part is once you have it then suddenly just as fast as it came it was gone and I could keep walking. And not have it happen again for weeks at a time. So it seems to behave like sciatic nerve problems, but it only last for a few minutes which leads me to believe it is connected with fibro.

Oh wow! I've had this freeze problem for years, I mean like 10 years, it was like a sharp freezing pain that stops you in your tracks for a minute then its gone. It may never happen again for months, at least for me.

But how do describe this to a doctor, they don't listen and then tell you if it hasn't happen in a while don't worry about it. I wonder now, have I had fibro since I was 17years old and just didn't know it. I've had lower back pain for all of these years with no evidence of trauma.

I do not experience those exact symptoms. I know a little bit about being unable to do many things now. I couldn't go to my aunts funeral in Chicago today because I could not ride for two and a half hours. Once there, I could not walk an entire block to the church. This has totally cramped my style. It would make me so angry but I am, by nature, optimistic and everyday I wait until I get better. Then I remember i won't be getting better, only worse.

I think my disease has been with me a long time too. They made me feel like a hypochondriac for years.
I don't recognize these freezing symptoms but I have a weird one, as well. From my left knee down, I get pins and needles. Every so often, it feels like something bursts from within and blood is pouring down my leg, pooling at my ankles. I used to look, expecting to see a puddle of blood but nothing was evident. It happens less since Gabbapentin but shows up periodically. It is annoying as Hell! (excuse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back