Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not tried a neck wrap but I have heard of them. I'll have to buy one and give it a shot. I can see how it would take the pressure off of the nerves and muscles. Two pillows does work fairly well though sometimes I wake up with even more of a sore neck. It can cause stiffness because of the elevated angle that you have your head at while sleeping.

I am the same age as you and am also experiencing this problem. I often wake up with my neck feeling extremely sore. It's as if I slept on it wrong. Recently, I spent about $800 on a brand-new mattress. I decided to buy a foam mattress. It all stemmed from a commercial online that I heard about. I knew it was my spring mattress that was not letting me get sleep. The springs were always digging into my neck. I was pretty sure it was the springs because I am the type of person who does not use a pillow when I sleep. A pillow is always used to support the neck area and this wasn't supported when I sleep.

With the brand-new mattress, it really helped my neck. This is something you may want to look into.

I'm REALLY afraid of heating pads! As you said, there is a huge risk they could cause a house fire or burn you :s That's really scary, I've never felt safe using one.

A neck wrap sounds like a great idea :) Right now my neck is bothering me really bad! I might buy one of those neck wraps on ebay :) You can find almost anything you want over there, it's amazing! You always come up with the nicest tips and ideas :) I use 2 pillows, and it does help with my neck. I'm really digging the neck wrap idea tho, thanks a lot!

Trellum,

Just make sure that you use the heating pad when you are alert. That way you won't fall asleep with it on. My neck isn't so bad this week, it's my knee that hurts now. I really benefitted from using my heating pad on my neck and shoulders. The shower also helps as it shoots right out onto that area of our bodies.

I caution against buying anything for pain on eBay. Even a cervical pillow might not be so used that it is useless, but too used to do you much good!

I suggest you shop at (link removed - no advertising!) and order from them or find the same goods in stores in my city.

There are traction devices that allow you to sit up and watch television while using them along with ergonomic gadgets that make the day a little easier. I hope you find something new and useful!

Moderation Note: NO LINKS to other websites, on this forum. This rule applies to every member!

Last edited by a moderator:
As others have stated, sorry to hear about your neck pain. Have any of the suggestions on here helped you out? After being diagnosed, I found that the neck pillows that support your neck were a huge help. In fact, I kept trying to turn my old pillow into one of them prior to even knowing that they existed.

For myself, I carry all my tension in my neck. This tension then flows from the neck to the rest of my body. I find it imperative that I do basic neck rolls and stretches on most days or else I end up in a lot of pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back