newly diagnosed on 9/11/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for the circumstances, but happy that you were able to find us. I hope that you're able to find the support that I've found here so quickly. If you have any questions, you should just jump right in. These guys are great!

Welcome!

Im newly diagnosed, feeling very anxious about it but happy I now have a diagnosis. Finally things are making sense like pieces of a puzzle coming together

Welcome to the board Lizzie! Please feel like this is a place to share your experiences, get advice, give advice when you have it and most importantly find support. We are all in this together and can help each other.

I also welcome you to the community. Can you describe your pains? Do you take medication or were you prescribed any yet? We can offer some solid advice if you'd like it. We just need to know a little bit more about your aches and pains. I wish you luck. We are all facing an uphill battle.

My hips and legs are the worst, constant stabbing burning pains in both hips my legs ache like I have walked miles:-(. Restless leg syndrome at night i feel like I have been in a car crash when I wake up in the morning. I get brain fog, anxiety and habd tremors. Continous migraines and throbbing beck pain. Sholder aches and hot flushes. I feel helpless and anxious:'(. Any advice wiyld be great

Welcome to the forum morgan6719ab,
It is always wonderful to get that diagnosis, until you being to think about it and say now what? What can I do to feel better and how do I cope with the fact there is no cure and even doctors are stumped on handling the various problems that make life hard? Well, you can be thankful you found this forum. We try hard to answer questions and give good solid answers.

There are lots of topic's to choose from some are fun like hobbies or telling about your day. Others deal with pain and fatigue issues. I am sure you will find some new coping skills and make new friends on this site. So get busy and start posting. Will see you around the forum. :)

Welcome to the forum, morgan! I'm sorry to hear you were recently diagnosed, but don't worry, things get a bit easier after a while. At first when you get a really bad diagnosis things seem so hard and difficult, but things get easier after a while. It's good you found this forum, because this place is a great one to find and give support when really needed :)

Welcome to the board. :) I remember the relief that I felt at finally getting a diagnosis. It's not the greatest diagnosis, but it's better than having no idea and going from doctor to doctor to not avail.

You have the diagnosis, it's a life long one, but it can be managed. Some individuals use pain medication, others do meditation, it's really up to you to determine what will work best.

Best of luck!

At least now you know what you are suffering from and will be able to adjust your life. I will not lie and say things will be easy because sometimes it will get hard but other days will be better.

Positive attitude and learning more about the condition will help you deal with it better. You are not alone, each one of us here is going through almost the same thing.

Take heart and walk the journey with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back