rollinloud

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
I know a lot of you use medical marijuana or pain relief. There's even more of a benefit it turns out. You can fight cancer with the use of mary jane! Here's the scoop:

Compound found in marijuana shown to 'turn off' cancer

Researchers at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco found that a marijuana compound known as cannabidiol can stop metastasis in many types of aggressive cancers.
Sean McAllister, one of the researchers at California Pacific, was studying the effects of Cannabidiol (CDB). Cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive chemical compound in the cannabis plant. Pierre Desprez, a molecular biologist researcher, began studying ID-1, the gene that causes cancer to spread, about 20 years ago. The two combined their research and introduced CDB to cancer cells containing ID-1 in a petri dish. They found that CDB stopped the metastasis of the cancer cells. Metastasis is the spread of disease from one organ or part to another non-adjacent organ or part. Desprez told the Huffington Post: "What we found was that his Cannabidiol could essentially 'turn off' the ID-1. We likely would not have found this on our own. That's why collaboration is so essential to scientific discovery."
[​IMG]
Wiki Commons
Cannabis Sativa
Like this image[​IMG]1
After their initial study was published in November of last year, the two researchers continued to study the effect of CDB on various cancer cells. Desprez told Yahoo News: "Now we've found that Cannabidiol works with many kinds of aggressive cancers — brain, prostate — any kind in which these high levels of ID-1 are present." High levels of ID-1 have also been found in ovarian, breast, prostate, cervical, liver and endometrial cancers according to the Journal of Experimental and Clinic Cancer Research. A Daily Beast report says Cristina Sanchez, biologist at Complutense University in Madrid, has noticed the effectiveness of THC, the main psychoactive compound in cannabis, on many cancer cells. Harvard University scientists also reported that THC slows tumor growth in common lung cancer. It was McAllister's research however that found the CDB stopped the spread of the cancer, without the psychoactive side-effects. Examiner.com reports the researchers plan to begin clinical trials on the discovery. Desprez is quoted as saying: "It took us about 20 years of research to figure this out, but we are very excited. "We want to get started with trials as soon as possible." CBD has already been safely used by people for other ailments. " Desprez told Yahoo News "We used injections in the animal testing and are also testing pills. "But you could never get enough cannabidiol for it to be effective just from smoking."

Last edited by a moderator:
So THC actually has benefits as well. That is very good news! Even if you cannot get enough cannabidiol through smoking, this study illustrates exactly how plants are used by laboratories to create medications!

I wonder how much you must smoke to get the anti-cancer benefits of THC? Will we see the day when doctors say getting buzzed on pot is actually healthy?

Yes! I am glad that you are excited as well. You are best served by cooking your cannabis instead of smoking it. You'd have to smoke a lot to get the benefits of the anti-cancer agents. A lot of doctors smoke pot themselves.

Oh yes, knew about the cancer benefit for years. Did you know your body has an entire THC system just like your nervous system that is designed specifically for THC ingestion. They keep these things secret. But yes, our bodies were made to connect with THC.

Yes! I am glad that you are excited as well. You are best served by cooking your cannabis instead of smoking it. You'd have to smoke a lot to get the benefits of the anti-cancer agents. A lot of doctors smoke pot themselves.
Actually, I find cooking doesn't work so well for me. Although my favorite method is indeed smoking, I find that using a vaporizer to heat the bud to the point where the active ingredients and flavor are vaporized but no smoke is produced to irritate the lungs to be best for me. Not every method works equally well for everyone.

In order to get enough cannabinoids in your system your best bet is to juice raw cannabis. All the benefits and non of the high. The best method for cancer patients is probably to make RSO, basically the mother of all concentrates. P.S. I love my vaporizer.

The other time I read the comment from someone who claims he/she eats her weed, I thought he/she was joking :lol: Now I can't wait to find out more! Like for real... how can you add weed to your diet? What's the right way to cook it in order to recieve all those benefits ? I wonder if you can eat it raw! or in a salad!

I asked about this and was told no one in Saskatchewan will prescribe it. They have passed laws now that they have to prescribe medical marihuana in dosage and no one has studied it enough to be able to prescribe specific dosages

The other time I read the comment from someone who claims he/she eats her weed, I thought he/she was joking :lol: Now I can't wait to find out more! Like for real... how can you add weed to your diet? What's the right way to cook it in order to recieve all those benefits ? I wonder if you can eat it raw! or in a salad!
Trellum how are you? Yes you can add it to a salad if you like. You will derive the medicinal benefits with none of the high as THC needs heat to become psychoactive. If you want to cook with cannabis the best way is to infuse butter, milk, or grape seed oil are just a few ways. I've replaced six different meds by using cannabis. We all need to find what works for our own needs and for me this was the right move.

For a definitive look at edible (and other) forms of use for medical cannabis.

Wo/Men's Alliance for Medical Marijuana was an early proponent of legalizing medical use in California and has figured large in the issue ever since. My first edible, some yellow cake with no icing, was delicious and now I have tasted many yummy edibles. I don't personally find edible forms to be as useful as I do smoking or better, vaporizing my cannabis. Incidentally, the THC is fat-soluble only, not water soluble so the cannabis MUST be infused into the butter (or oil) then the butter/oil is used in the cooking. But, again, check out these recipes from WAMM. They won't steer you wrong!
I must say some bud is simply tasty off the plant or fresh from the bag.

For a definitive look at edible (and other) forms of use for medical cannabis.

Wo/Men's Alliance for Medical Marijuana was an early proponent of legalizing medical use in California and has figured large in the issue ever since. My first edible, some yellow cake with no icing, was delicious and now I have tasted many yummy edibles. I don't personally find edible forms to be as useful as I do smoking or better, vaporizing my cannabis. Incidentally, the THC is fat-soluble only, not water soluble so the cannabis MUST be infused into the butter (or oil) then the butter/oil is used in the cooking. But, again, check out these recipes from WAMM. They won't steer you wrong!
I must say some bud is simply tasty off the plant or fresh from the bag.
MizzJAB have you ever tried tincture of cannabis. I like it better than edibles as it works faster as liquid gets absorbed quicker than edibles.

You do not actually add plant material to foods, but you can. You cook the plant material in a pan with water and oil or butter, then use the oil or butter in the dish you are making.

You can make salad dressings with infused oils, and brownies with infused butter (cannabutter). You can also make infused candies.

You can make pot butter. That way you can use it anything you use butter for. Throw the pot in the butter, melt, boil and strain out the solid bits (seeds, stems, etc). It's pretty delicious. My friend used to make sugar cookies with it. Yummy and I liked to have it on my toast in the morning. Not allowed medical marijuana in WV, so these are tips from my youth. Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back