Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Mn
Alright so I know these same questions get asked quite often and I don't mean to repeat the same old thing, but I would really like some reassurance before setting up a doctors appointment that it's "not all in my head" which has stopped me from going for the last three years now.

A little background, I'm 24 m, For about a decade I've had headaches and migraines, nausea, fatigue and your typical anxiety and depression. I've had problems with my right hip and leg, mostly pressure pains kind of like an elephant standing directly on my outer thigh with the pain radiating to my lower back and knee . Sharp pains through out the whole body, more so on the sides, legs, shoulders and head, tingling and numbness of the hand and feet and problems with my jaw ( grating sounds, pressure and pain)

Well these last few years (especially the last eight months) things have taken a turn for the worse. These symptoms are almost too common, pretty much everyday. My fatigue is overwhelming, total stiffness throughout the body ( especially my shoulders, neck and hips), when waking up it's like I had been working out or drinking the day before and never feeling rested. Stabbing pains are daily . Nausea to the point where I puke for no reason( haven't puked for a few months, I've gotten good at keeping it down, lol) . My feet are always tingling. Always. Dizziness and lightheaded are common, with my equilibrium feeling off a lot of the times. Ive become way too forgetful, I'll forget what I'm doing at times, can't remember words, I get confused etc etc.

I've always made some excuse for why this could be happening like anxiety or diet, but with the intensity of all these symptoms as of late, I'm positive it is something more severe than a simple trick my brain is playing on me and it can't be ignored anymore.

I just need to hear someone tell me I'm not going crazy, because I sure do feel like I am. Ha, thanks for your time.

AnimalKracka,
Welcome! The best you can do is see a Rheumatologist. And although, there are some rude doctors, not all are that way. Some are nice and supportive. You must trust yourself and of course know that your symtoms are not made up and find the courage to fight for every moment of relief given. this type of doctor will be able to diagnosis your condition.

Get your stress and worry under control by relaxing more and not pushing yourself to do more than you can handle. Watch good movies or read good books, play games or do craft work. Do things that help you feel better. And of course join in on the topic discussions and learn from others how to feel better.

Hope you feel better soon and know you are not alone anymore. :)

Hi AnimalKracka, welcome to the forums. I can relate to you a lot and rest assured that you are not going crazy. As 1sweed said, there are unfortunately some ignorant (and sometimes hurtful) doctors out there, but you just have to search until you find a good one. It's very hard to stay persistent when you have cfs or/and fibro, but you have to try your best. Ideally you should have a friend or family member support you at the appointments and at home. Keep posting here and meet other people who know how it's like to suffer from these illnesses. I hope things get better for you

Hi AnimalKracka! Welcome to the forums! So sorry to hear you are going thru this, but as 1sweed said the only and best thing you can do is seeing a rheumatologist as soon as you can. Just try to find one that is knowledgeable when it comes to fibro, I'm sure a doctor like that will be able to help you. Just hang in there! You really need to get a diagnosis soon.

By the way, I know how nasty it can be to have nausea daily. Do you have other symptoms linked to your digestive system? If you do, then you should really see a gastroenterologist... my nausea been worse than ever lately and today I just found out I have a hiatal hernia. So be careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back