Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
CO
So after a few failed attempts to see different Rheumatologists I finally found one willing to see me. He took the time to really listen to everything I had going on and all of the appointments I've already had. He asked a ton of questions and actually listened to the answers. I was in his office for an hour and a half, actually talking to him! :shock:

He did a physical exam, which included the trigger point test. I'm not sure why, but I always assumed I'd fail this test as I didn't think I would have any that hurt. Boy, was I wrong. Every single one was excruciating, making me jump off the table. I even started crying uncontrollably at one point.

He was the most knowledgeable person I've ever spoken to about FM and took the time to really explain some things to me like I've never heard anyone before. It was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders just listening to HIM tell ME what's going on with me.

He wants me to decide what route I want to take with treatment. He gave me suggestions on diet and exercise and explained all of the different medications I could try, if I wanted.

Man, I really loved this guy. Anyone in Colorado needs a good doc, let me know! :razz:

That is really cool! I'm glad that you got a diagnosis and hopefully you can start feeling better soon!

JEALOUS! I finally got to see a rheum after MONTHS of waiting. He really listened to me, but he also seemed like he was so familiar with the symptoms that he didn't really want me to get into a lot of detail. Granted, I wasn't hurting much that day, but still. I wanted to tell someone who would nod and say "oh yes, yes, you are not crazy, you are not malingering and you are not a hypochondriac. Also you aren't lazy, you really do need those naps." He took a ton of blood, didn't do the trigger point test, but I can poke the places myself, and I know they hurt.

This guy sounds like a really good doctor! To be a great sign is when they actually make a lot questions and pay attention to your answers! I haven't found many doctors like that (I'm just 27 years old, but I've seen plenty of doctors already) but when I do I feel so happy! I completely understand how happy you feel, because finding a good doctor is like hitting the jackpot!

I have actually found a good doctor to treat my hormonal issues, but he is NY based :( I need to save enough if I want to see him soon. My rheumi is good tho :) Not perfect, but acceptable. Thanks to him I've made several good changes in my diet and lifestyle in general :) I believe those have helped with pain... specially losing weight!

I am glad you had a good experience with the doctor. That sounds wonderful. It is a relief when you have someone who truly listens and truly works to help you fill better. It is the best feeling I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back