Status
Not open for further replies.
A long time ago doctors fitted me with splints. They did a pretty good except for the fact that I've had my hands operated on and the end of the splint would rub against the scars. It drove me bonkers.

I love to write on paper with a pen. After about two hours (with breaks) I can't use my hands. I'll have to get someone to stir for me if I'm making a sauce, too, as my hands will cramp.

My hands have arthritic and/or lupus changes in them though. I have swan necking in my knuckles and my fingers are deviating outward, which does not help with pain at all.

I am surprise how many people are feeling this hand pain stuff. I get them on my tendons and when it's really bad on my knuckles too when I type too much. It's repetitive strain injury or chronic tenditonus but I am becoming increasingly suspicions that the root cause if fibro/CFS related.

Have you considered trying the braces that carpal tunnel patients use? I believe that may be something that would help you. In addition to that, you can ice them when they are the most painful and also moving them around to increase circulation.

I have tried brace before, but it don't really help none. I find what helped most was making my workplace ergonomic. Especially switching my keyboard to those white apple light click keyboards and getting ergomousepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back