Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2002
Country
US
State
TX
Hi all. I have been battling this beast for 12 years, but was only diagnosed a few years ago (CFS diagnosis in 02). All these years, I've had flare ups, but some just seem to be worse.

My vent for today is this: My husband has severe PTSD. He is 100% disabled veteran, but sometimes I just need for life to be about me. I know that sounds selfish, but I give 110%. This week he is having migraines that go with his traumatic brain injury and I am having a MAJOR flare up and I can't get any relief. Last week, he had a bad week. Okay, he always has bad weeks, which is why he is 100 disabled.

Do any of you give care for another and how do you learn to put yourself in the care loop? I work full time outside the home. I leave at 6:15 am and get home around 6 in the evening, still have to feed 40 animals and cook dinner and give kids (14 and 7) some mom time and then ... you all get the picture.

I'm exhausted and sit at my desk in so much pain. I'm cranky today. My coworker is trying not to "get in my space" as she said.

Sorry for my first post to be a rant. I'm glad to find somewhere to talk though. I am only on Effexor and Gabapentin for pain. And...lots of Advil.

Thanks for the ears and shoulders. I hope I can be there for someone else here in the future. Glad to be here.

Hi. My hubby is also disabled so I have been in your shoes. Unfortunately I had to stop work to try to get fibro under control so I can get back to being productive. I'm lucky to have been in a place where I had that option. It's really tough to manage everything and you have a lot on your plate. It does help me that my husband understands pain, so I can usually count on him to lend a hand on the really bad days. We've had a couple long conversation about caring for each other and not worrying about who is feeling worse. Some days are tough. He knows what I need to do to feel the best that I possibly can and supports it. It would be difficult if he didn't. One of the best things I do for myself is to "take a day off." I get away from the house and go somewhere peaceful where I can relax, rest and recoup. No demands of house, work or family. Perhaps you can enlist your children's support and help. I hope you find some relief. Hugs and peace.

Hi there! Welcome to the forums! Don't worry about ranting or venting, this is what we are here for! First let me tell you there is NOTHING wrong with feeling the way you do, being selfish in cases like this has nothing wrong, because well, after all no one can be 100% selfless all the time! We got to think about ourselves as well, so if this kind of thought pop up from time to time, let me tell you that you have all the right to feel that way!

Btw, sorry about your hubby, got to be hard for him to be disabled, but at least both of you understand each other better. You are a remarkable woman and deserve to feel cranky from time to time, after all you got a lot on your plate. I must say you are handling all so well, kudos to you for staying active!

I took care of my disabled husband for 6 years before he died. It is a tough
job when you need care yourself. I am on Gapapintin also and have a pain
patch of late I sure identify with you and totally understand, you need
TLC yourself, don't feel guilty, it is natural. Bless you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back