Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
I have had sustained widespread burning, aching pain since Wednesday of this week. This is the longest period of fibro pain that I can ever remember having. Any exertion on any muscle in my body (other than walking and showering) causes the pain to intensify. I am taking my tramadol (50mg) twice a day and my percocet twice a day. For me to resort to the percocet means I am miserable.

I got a call Friday about a possible temporary job assignment working on a hotel furniture installation...how can I accept the position with my body not cooperating..just so frustrated with the situation.

I was doing some massage research online and found a person who performs a lymphatic massage (recommended for fibro patients)..I think I will give it a try...so desperate to get this under control..also going to back off sugar and refined carbs this week to see if I notice a difference in how I feel.

I'd be happy to hear anyone else who has a coping strategy to share..thanks!:-(

I have lived with Fibro since 2005 or so untreated. I have burning,aching,sometimes sharp pain in my neck,back,shoulders,lower back,hips,legs,arms,etc. My feet and hands tingle,feel stiff,and are also numb. I only have Tramadol and Naproxen. I also get horrendous "burning neck migraines" from bad TMJ. When I flare up and feel like I'm gonna die from pain, I make hot towels or washrags and keep laying them on the pain. I also take as many hot baths as I need and live on my moist heating pad. When I feel a little better, walking seems to help me. I went from sitting in horrible pain..to helping my Mom-in-Law for 4 hours. Hope you feel better! Also, try to eliminate stress and don't push yourself to hard!

It's so hard! I wish I could make everyone on here well:) Well my complaining today is because my air conditioner went out and although it wasn't super hot, it was hot enough to make me have pain and irritability most of the day. I didn't sleep the best last night and when I woke up my elbows, neck, and upper back ached so badly! I think that not sleeping good is the hardest on my mind and body, but I really hate the pain and weakness that comes with it all too, especially when I want to get so much done. I hope you are all feeling better this evening.

I was doing some massage research online and found a person who performs a lymphatic massage (recommended for fibro patients)..I think I will give it a try...so desperate to get this under control..also going to back off sugar and refined carbs this week to see if I notice a difference in how I feel.

I hope you're feeling better by now, JKerner. I think that trying anything that could possibly help you would be a wise choice. Maybe it would help and maybe not, but there's no way you'd know if you don't give it a try.

I am not familiar with what that particular kind of massage is, but I have a friend who is always helped by a "regular" massage, and another who isn't, so I think that everyone needs to find out how their own pain would respond to it.

Have you tried some kind of warming mat for over the bed? I know it wouldn't have been very practical during the hot months to be flat on a hot bed pad, but now that it's fall, it may offer some relief.

Hi there! *HUGS* It's hard to deal with this, I feel for you... this week was just miserable! Chronic pain is awful, but when you spend some months or just a few weeks without it you think it all was a dream, then it comes back with vengeance! Best of luck with the new job, I hope you can take it! Best of luck! Sending positive vibes your way!

I have lived with Fibro since 2005 or so untreated. I have burning,aching,sometimes sharp pain in my neck,back,shoulders,lower back,hips,legs,arms,etc. My feet and hands tingle,feel stiff,and are also numb. I only have Tramadol and Naproxen. I also get horrendous "burning neck migraines" from bad TMJ. When I flare up and feel like I'm gonna die from pain, I make hot towels or washrags and keep laying them on the pain. I also take as many hot baths as I need and live on my moist heating pad. When I feel a little better, walking seems to help me. I went from sitting in horrible pain..to helping my Mom-in-Law for 4 hours. Hope you feel better! Also, try to eliminate stress and don't push yourself to hard!

Oh my... I feel your pain! Yesterday I had the worst neck pain ever, it seemed it irradiated from my head to the base of the skull and behind my ears. Not cool at all! I also suffer from migraines... soooooooooo sorry you have to go tru this. It's awful, head and neck pains make working almost impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back