Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
Hawaii
I have been told by multiple people that I would benefit from a full detox of my system, particularly purging the colon & liver. I have done a juicing cleanse before, but the last time I tried a legit detox (it was a heavy metal detox) I had to stop after 2 days, it was so intense. Just wondering if anyone has done any heavy cleansing and what the results were...

I have a good friend who does these types of detox on a regular basis and seems to feel they are worth the bother. She does the liver cleanse and the kidney cleanse every 6 months and the colon more often. I have consider it in the past, but never seem to have enough free time to be able to focus on doing it. Maybe another member can give you more facts about doing detox. :)

I think it is a great idea! At least worth a try. Have you tried the autoimmune diet?

I've been doing a lot of research online and the only possible probably link with fibromyalgia and a whole bunch of people MIGHT be the flu shot, or some other sort of medical injections given... i understand that possibly there is a bit of heavy metal left in the body which the body reacts to as a foreign substance and on and on it goes on a spiral to alert body parts that there is an intruder.
I will discuss this with my doctor and see if they can actually take a piece of muscle tissue and test it for any traces of metals, etc. There is definitely something our bodies are reacting to. I also was a bodybuilder and athletic and this is not normal at all for me to be so unable to function... we need to keep going back and requesting tests...more and more tests until they figure it out. I'm going to get a copy of all my results and I'm not going to sit back and allow them to just say oh well here have another pain killer. These are intelligent medical students who are high achievers...they need to be pushed that extra mile to figure this out. Wouldn't that be worth it for their careers? Let's keep at it and keep searching we can help them and ourselves.
If I remember to post my results i will, but please nudge me as I tend to forget.

No Rottiedog, I haven't tried the autoimmune diet. I have done an elimination diet before, but that didn't seem to improve my symptoms (except I did less headaches). Have you tried it? And if so, did you find it helped?

Agreed fibetoronto most Dr's are way too quick to dish out drugs instead of trying to actually get to the causes of our symptoms. Keep me posted on how your testing goes. I'm also doing some different tests with my naturopath, waiting for the results. In the mean time, I cope as best I can. Thanks for the post

No Rottiedog, I haven't tried the autoimmune diet. I have done an elimination diet before, but that didn't seem to improve my symptoms (except I did less headaches). Have you tried it? And if so, did you find it helped?

I think it is worth a try. Nightshades and gluten and milk are suppose to be huge triggers for Fibro. I am going to start the diet soon, if nothing else to try and get healthier.

It could be one of many causes. Heavy metals don't help the body. I don't think you need to do a muscle biopsy, probably just need more blood testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back