Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
AU
State
Victoria
Hi all fellow fibros :)

After having constant upper back pain, neck pain, chronic headaches and general stiffness for past 3 or so yrs after a fall down some stairs I have been finally given a reason for it all. Was quite disbelieving at first thought my rhemotologist just didn't know the reason for my pain and just put this label on me. But after a reading about it in books etc it all makes sense and I am relieved I finally know what really is going on. Past few yrs I have seen chiropractors, physiotherapists, massage therapists, oestepaths and other doctors but most they all blamed poor posture for my pain and just said do pilates . Tried 3 different Pilates instructors and always left in pain so now just doing some gentle home Pilates exercises. I have now been put on lyrica by my rhemotologist which I hope works plus a preventative - Endep for my chronic migraines by my neurologist.

So now hoping it all works and I get my life back!

On the one hand I'm very sorry for all the pain and all the avenues you have had to try, on the other, I'm glad you have found this site.

You may find that several trails may be necessary to find what works for you or that over time things have to be changed up. Meanwhile may I suggest, warm Epsom salt baths, or just warm/hot showers, get as much sleep as possible, pace, pace, pace your activity. If there is a particular spot/s you can use Stoppain spray or roll on, heating pads and if not done have your vitamin D checked, most Fibrowarriors have low D. It can help with pain, not only with other things. I often use magnesium malate (works better for FM) to help muscle relaxation.

Hope this helps. God bless

Thank you ruralchick that is very useful information . I know I need to pace myself more as I tend to overdo it and regret it by the end of the day. I am a mum of 3 kids and prob even more reason to take breaks .. I find just making myself have a lie down mid afternoon gives me a lot more energy��

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back