Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/1995
Country
US
State
ID
Just wondering if anyone else has problems with itching while in a flair. Every time I start with a flare/migraine it seems the every part of my body startes itching non stop. It doesn't matter if I take benadryl I just can't stop ichting. Thanks for your answer.

I get the same, all over. The challenge is trying to scratch without causing excessive pain. It drives me crazy.

It's bloody flow to your skin , when you flare your body is going in overdrive more blood goes to the skin and you itch.x
Well that what I was told anyway .

Yep, I get the itches all the time when I have a flare. I scratched so bad one time, the skin came off my foot. Ewww I know. I had to explain to my doctor what happened and she told me that is common because during a flare my nerves will either make me hurt extremely bad and sometimes a twitch will turn into an itch and poof! I have to put mittens on my hands to stop me from scratching myself. It might sound stupid but it helps. I also keep a lot of calamine lotion on had (the pink stuff) and that helps sometimes. Also, ice packs and lots of them help me. Heat makes it worse for some reason but ice works. Good luck to you. Forgetmenot ty for the explanation of more blood going to the skin. That was helpful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back