Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
TX
I huuurrrttttt, and I am stiff and my knees are wobbly and my balance sucks and my hands are clumsy and I feel crazy and I hate to have to keep asking for help, but my husband just FORGETS that I feel like shit and can't just get up and get a glass of water or a snack. And I have these damn estrogen patches that come off in the bath and I've used way too many of them for my 3 months prescription so I don't have any spares for an epsom salt bath, and I KNOW THAT WOULD HELP.

My bed is too high and there are steps into my room and the couch is hurting my butt and my back hurts and did I mention that my JOINTS HURT? And I can't take anti-inflammatory meds because of my microscopic colitis and I can't drink because of the f'ing microscopic colitis and I am REALLY GRUMPY.

I was feeling really good for a few months and this flare came on so suddenly in the middle of GOOD WEATHER so I am extra grumpy about it. I want to go for a walk! I want to enjoy the spring and feel energetic and clean my house and throw things away and instead I am stuck lying on the couch hurting without a glass of water.

Awwww Hun it's no fun is it, it's,raining here and I have to walk the dog. I,feel weak as a kitten atm , hope u got your water in the end

Hugs! If it makes you feel any better, I have pneumonia on top of my FMS! I feel for you. This disease sucks rocks big times! I hope you find something that helps even if just venting on here helps I hope it does.

So sorry dear, I can only encourage you and say I know what you are going through! Wonder how many descriptive words we could all come up with, (besides the cuss words!) to describe what we feel like? :)

I cracked up when I read your post. I had been fumbling in my kitchen for coffee, muttering a very similar refrain; staring at over six feet of snow and a thermometer reading of zero. It's a heatwave. Negative 20 yesterday morning. I'll take it. Ha!

Laura, your comments could have been my own. Up until January 2013, I was a fun loving, active person, traveling a lot and having a great life. Shortly after returning from a fun cruise with my family to the Caribbean I started feeling ill and it's been downhill since then. I have no energy, pains all over my body, dry eyes, insomnia, bouts of Tachycardia, depression and anxiety. I feel as if my life has been stolen from me.
I also do the Epsom Salt baths and they help a little. I have reaction to almost any/all drugs I'm given so not anxious to start them although none have been offered by either of the SIX speciality doctors I've seen. It's clear to me that when I say to the doctor that I'm exhausted and I hurt all over, they immediately write this off as hypercondria. I'm frustrated, I'm depressed, I'm exhausted and have no one to turn to.
I've seen the word "flare" mentioned. How long do these last? I might feel better if I could only see light at the end of the tunnel or if I could understand that this will eventually get better. Just want you to know you're not alone..

Flares usually last a few days to a week or 2, everyone is different. Help yourself by eating very healthy, drinks a LOT of water, make sure your vitamin D levels are checked,( usually have to ask for this blood test.) Many people hurt worse with the typical low D Fibro sufferers have.

You are DEFINATELY not alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back