Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1999
Country
US
State
CA
Title Should read: GLUTEN could be slowly doing us in, could be Faster than Slowly.

If you are a cereal, bread, bagel person....even more so.

I've done a lot to get off gluten products....Just listening to a doctor on my radio and he's going on and on about gluten. Personally I have NOT brought breads into my house for over 5-6 yrs, I use beautiful healthy Romaine Lettuce Leaves as my sandwich wrap.

You don't have to have Celiac but could be very intolerant to gluten....

Brain Fog is mentioned by him, gut issues, thyroid issues, joint issues --- gluten affects them all.

There is a new book by Dr. Perlmutter, The Grain Brain, and how grains are destroying us.

More THOUGHTS....

Do best to Get rid of gluten and fluorides...

Going to bed last night, I heard another MD, Dr. Tom O'Brien talking about how many do much better reducing or getting off gluten. He mentioned how RA, Lupus, Sclerderma people do so much better off gluten products.

Hi I've been GF for 12mo now and I'm a clean eater and buy fresh and prepare all my own meals. I understand that the glutenoids found in cereals and grains provoke an inflammatory response within our bodies and can lead to delayed fibro flare ups. Giving up processed flour was a great idea but I have been able to use rice flours/noodles instead in cooking and it's much nicer anyway. I have been informed that we were never meant to ingest gluten anyway as homo sapiens.

Drew :)

I wish it was that simple ! I have been gluten free for 14 years because it makes me really sick - most of those symptoms and then some....BUT I still have the joint pain, brain fog, fatigue, etc....more than back then and then some !

But....I'm all for whatever helps....part of our problem is that we try to treat all people all the same...different things work for different folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.