DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
CA
State
Quebec
Hello all, first post here!

I'm a 19-year-old literature student and I just started studying to get my bachelor's degree. I currently have 4 classes a week, so 12 hours, and I intend on reducing to only 3 classes and 9 hours, but I'm still having a hard time combine fibromyalgia and studying.

It's hard for me to attend my classes, often I find myself completely zoning out of the lecture well before the end of it; luckily the services for disabled students gave me permission to use my iPad to record the class, but I still need to take time to transcribe everything afterwards and it's kind of hard for me. My classes are in early afternoon, so I find myself waking up around 8-9am, going back to sleep after breakfast and leaving for class around 11:30am since my classes are at 12:30pm. My class ends at 3:30pm, I go home, take another nap, have dinner, then try to work a bit on my school stuff. Even with this lax schedule, I find it hard to do anything besides studying, like going out, seeing people and making friends, or just plain out working on my term papers/essays and such.

I'm wondering if any of you are also studying and would have tips for me because tbh I'm still in the midst of trying different medications and I'm still not finding stuff that works for me, so everything is kind of hard to combine (fibro, medication side-effects, going to my part-time job (although I only work abt 8 hours per month) and trying to see friends to battle my depression symptoms).

Sorry if this is sorta rambley, I've been trying to work on catching up with my classes tonight but I haven't been able to do much due to my inability to focus for more than 5-10 minutes today.

Thanks for reading.

I know where you are coming from...some days it feels I've been hit with a stupid stick. So frustrating. I'm sorry I don't have answers for either of us but I did see increased energy and reduction of fibro fog when I started up on magnesium malate, oral b12 and b12 complex. If d levels are low it can make us sluggish as well. I take D3 vitamin daily 5000iu. With your young age you might be open to going to a vitamin specialty shop. I've found multiple people there who understand fibro. It was actually some of the best advice I've gotten thus far. For some reason they know/share more than the doctors I've seen. Kudos to you for staying on top of the depression. Don't let that drag you down....if you need help on that front, get it! Our physical makeup along with all we go through make us very susceptible to depression. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back