Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
hedon
I have to say smoking has really helped alleviate some symptoms. I don't want to be responsible for people making bad decisions here, but personally the brain fog went instantly, and that's just from the occasional cigar.

Nicotine gum too has had a similar effect, and nicotine is a known nootropic.

Does anyone else have experience in this area?

Smoking has the opposite effect on me. But I think the cause of fibro for everyone is different so what helps on may not the help the other.
Hey, if it helps keep chewing. ; )

I think it varies from person to person. My fiance claims he felt more clear minded when he stopped smoking, sadly it only lasted 3 days. I'd never recommend anyone starting smoking, but the nicotine gum doesn't sound bad if you really feel it helps.

Hedonologist, not trying to flip anyone out, I've been investigating mold as a possable cause of my fibro that has lead to fungas which is considered parasitic, parasites are also named as a fibro culprit (I rue led it out due to recent colonoscopy and stool test last year, apparently they can be blood born, learned something new!). Anyway, Tabaco used to be a form of treatment for parasites.
I'm not saying you and I have worms!!! I'm just trying to connect dots and thought I would share. I'm not saying it is, but after I get over my phobia I'm digging deeper into this.
Hope no offense.

When I use to smoke Cigs it use to help me with some of my symptoms but only for a limited amount of time. The thing that helped the most is alcohol i use to drink but after a while made the choice not to continue drinking.

Hedonologist, not trying to flip anyone out, I've been investigating mold as a possable cause of my fibro that has lead to fungas which is considered parasitic, parasites are also named as a fibro culprit (I rue led it out due to recent colonoscopy and stool test last year, apparently they can be blood born, learned something new!). Anyway, Tabaco used to be a form of treatment for parasites.
I'm not saying you and I have worms!!! I'm just trying to connect dots and thought I would share. I'm not saying it is, but after I get over my phobia I'm digging deeper into this.
Hope no offense.

Yikes... My parents house is infested with mold D: I've been living there for 29 years, and I've also been wondering if this could be the culprit of all my respiratory and chronic pain issues... as well as other weird stuff. I have read a bit on the topic, and it turns out there are several strains of mold, some more dangerous than others... some are so bad they can infest the lungs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back